⛥Fighting back the rush of emotions, and just dreaming, of having a man.⛥

╔══════╗
Recommend music: Sweater Weather - The Neighborhood┆Jealous - Eyedress┆Softcore - The Neighborhood┆I Can't Handle Change - Roar
╚══════╝
I may or may not have cried while making this
CW: RELIGIOUS/CHILDHOOD TRAUMA┆INJURY
╚════════ஓ๑♡๑ஓ════════╝
It was another day, full of driving, but void of talking, they reached the hotel, the beds were centimeters apart, Arlo didn't care, however Vince was very vocal about how much it sucked, the poor bell boy just sat there and took it like a champ, telling a 20 year old priest with anger issues that he couldn't get a different room was apparently a bold move.

They both do the same routine, unpack, shower, go to bed, it's become almost like muscle memory to both of them

"Goodnight"
Arlo didn't know why he said it, it just felt...right.

"Night"
Vincent didn't know why he replied, he just...did.

ஓ๑♡๑ஓ

Vincent woke up in the middle of the night again, but not because of temptation, because of a night terror, he has had them since he was a child, this one in particular was about his father, and how he used to punish the children, it was awful, the beatings, the yelling, the humiliation, it was terrifying.

"You ok?"
The familiar voice of Arlo rang out.

"I-"
The man attempted to sound tough, he was trying to say, 'I think I heard something' or anything like that, but instead his voice cracked and he felt tears streaming down his cheeks.

"Bad dreams?"
Arlo asked, thank god it was so dark they couldn't see, he was so vulnerable right now, unable to speak, barley able to breathe.

"Y-Ye-"
He tried again to speak but was cut off by his throat cracking.

"Hang on."
Vincent knew what the man was going to do, he turned on the light, he could see Vincent crying, he was so exposed, so angry, but none of that mattered, he just began to cry and cry the more he thought about it. Bringing his knees up and laying his head on them.

"Hey, hey Vinceant, it's fine calm down, are you ok?"
Vincent attempted to say 'fuck you' but it only came out as a whimper.

"You don't have to talk if you don't want to."
Arlo noticed Vigncent shaking, he slid a hand across his back and onto his shoulder, Vincent couldn't help but lean into his touch, feeling Arlos rough hands pull him into a hug and keep him there for a long time.

"Try to calm down, can you do that for me?"
Vincent nodded, trying to control his breathing
But all the thoughts rushing through his head, of friends, of family, of his father

'Give me another chance!' The last time he had seen him, he had been begging on the floor, for forgiveness.

'I don't want an apology, I want you to Leave.'
It was an awful thing, what his father did to him, what a shame. Any time that his fathers face popped into his mind, he felt more and more alone.

Vincent began breathing normally again, finally being able to talk, he had nothing left to say. He just stared into space, and zoned out totally, imagining the things his father would say if he could see him now.

'Huh, I didn't take you for the gay type but, ok, at this point, it's just straight up in my face.'
He would then hear all about him being a filthy homo at school, god what the hell.

"Hello? Are you there?"
Vincent looked up at the man, still avoiding eye contact, but instead looking at the man's soft lips, looking at him was like looking at an angel, sent down to earth, just for him.

"Yes."
Vincent was putting a heavy strain on his voice while talking, attempting not to sound like a child.

"Are you ok?"
Vincent didn't want to admit it, but Arlo have made it hundreds of times easier to calm down, he liked the feeling of Arlo hugging and comforting him

"Do you want me to go?"
Vincent didn't want to answer cause he knew that the only way was with a like on his lips, Arlo made him feel safe, even when he didn't think it was wise to lie next to anyone, let alone another man, he loved it.

"Yes, I'm alright now, sorry for keeping you."
It's really no big deal, it's fine. Arlo got up with a noise of approval and lied back down on his bed. Though, for some reason, it just got colder for Vincent, too cold.

๑♡๑

They both woke the next day, remembering the previous night, how Arlo had held Vincent, the badass, the mystery, the man who shows no emotion, crying in his arms trying to calm down after a nightmare. No one spoke, Arlo didn't dare.

They also drove in silence the whole way, finally entering Arizona, driving past several gas stations and stores.

It hapernd in the blink on an eye, only a flash was seen before the sound of metal on metal, then it all faded away.

๑♡๑

Vincent woke up a couple hours later in a hospital, it was a miracle that they had both sustained minimal injuries, a minivan hit the side of the car, it hurt like hell, but after last night, Vincent wasn't even gonna try to speak.

It was a compound break in his right leg, they assumed it would take around 7 weeks to heal, till then they just gave him a cast and a bill, damn insurance pays off.

Arlo was on him with questions as soon as he was awake, "Did he need anything? was he ok? how long will he need to heal?" It was a lot to take in, Arlo was ok, the car mostly hit in the back, and not on Arlos side, so the most severe injury was a gash on his left arm, it didn't even hurt, all that mattered to him was Vincent, this incident is actually how Arlo found out

He really, truly, cared for Vincent.

╔════════ஓ๑♡๑ஓ════════╗
I'm on call with my bf writing this, it's so fun lmao, he also rlly hot🤭🤭

Tw for a vent
Tw suicide and transphobia
Also sorry for the format on this one I don't have time to edit it, also I may not upload next week, this chapter was pre-prepared so yeah but my mental health is kinda shitty and I'm in the process of getting diagnosed with sun stuff so I can get a 504 plan and not kms by next month, sorry for the vent my mom just let me know that if one of her kids ever came out as trans to her she would kill them so yeah that wasn't fun.