009. be careful

Evelyn sighs as she stays looking at herself in the mirror, trying her best to decide what to wear to Stu's party tonight. Didn't want to overdress or under either. Especially if Billy was going to make an appearance. After five different changes of outfits, Evelyn finally decides on a simple short sleeve tight black top, with a denim skirt and her black hair straightened.

She made her way to the living room and turned on the TV, knowing it'd be a while till Tatum arrived. Switching through the TV channels she saw her front door knob jiggly before she can flip out. The door busted open, her mom. "Ama!" Placing her hand over her heart, "You scared me, aren't you supposed to be working right now?" Evelyn's mother laughs as she walks through the door, locking it and throwing her car keys on the little table near the door.

"Mija! you get scared easily huh? Don't worry I'm not the killer," Her mother playfully rolls her eyes, laughing at her daughter's action.

"Shut up ama,"

Evelyn's mother huffs as she drops her purse on the sofa, "Somebody was able to fill in for me so I didn't have to work," Her mother sent a glance at her daughter's outfit."Y donde vas? A party?" Her mother questions as she grabs a donut from the fridge, Evelyn nods. "Yes, Dewey and Tatum & Sidney are going to pick me up in a few minutes. What are you going to do when I leave?"

Evelyn didn't want to leave her mom alone, especially with everything going on. Even pushing the nasty gut feeling aside, "You'll be okay by yourself? I can stay ama si quieres," Evelyn suggests.

"No no mija, go have fun, please. Besides who knows maybe I have somewhere to be too," Evelyn raises an eyebrow towards her mother, no way she has a date or most likely going to do her skincare routine and fall asleep while watching crime documentaries. In some ways, she looks up to her mother, bad or good. She knew her mother had to make sacrifices and mistakes in her times, but as time went by her mother grew into a better person. For that, Evelyn will always look up to her mother.

She always finds the good in people, especially when it comes to Billy. No matter what happens or whatever he does, she always looks and finds the good in him. He's just a boy who's been hurt by his mother, but Evelyn knows you can never change a person.

Their past is too deep and it sticks with them unless the person wants to change it for the better.

But if that's one thing Evelyn will always stick by his side no matter what. She wishes their future will be eternal and forever.

*beep beep beep

"They here ama! See you later, and I love you!"

"Love you too mija, please be safe."