This Is The Beginning

State Capital

Richmond, Virginia

January 2016

Senator Richards's POV

Here it is, another year went by, and we are now in 2016. Not only is this a year of change, but its also a big year for this country. I aim to win the nomination for president. Not only do I want to bring change to Virginia, but also to America. I been elected to the Senate since 2010, and I get along with my colleagues really well.

"Bill 71 is on the desk! said David Morris. It was the bill for the No Child Left Behind Act, that would benefit children all throughout the Commonwealth Of Virginia. I signed it, and it made it way to the House Of Representatives in DC.

The nomination for president was next month. I was real popular among black voters. I would eventually go to Newport News for a campaign rally. Running my fingers through my chocolate, brown hair, I thought about every other state I would have to gain control of, if I wanted to win the election in November. Pennsylvania is definitely up for grabs. Philadelphia is a highly black populated area, and being an African American woman, that would totally work in my favor. The push towards 270 means the world to me. Can't afford to let a republican win! Not on my watch!

President Bridges is leading this country in the wrong direction. He doesn't care about the middle class, and I aim do something about it. He won both the 2008, and 2012 elections. His time will soon be up! If elected, I will be the first African American woman to have run for president. The folks of Virginia look up to me. I was born and raised here. I know Governor Harold Thompson will endorse me. I got this in the bag.

The people of America have a choice in November. They better make the right one. If they want change, they have to earn it.

A/N Hey, guys! What do you think of this story so far? What do you think of Senator Richards? Do you think she has a good chance of winning the election in November? Things are just getting started folks! Vote Katherine Richards for president! 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸 Don't be a silent reader. Please show some love and support by voting, leaving feedback, and sharing this book with others! Thanks, guys! Love you all! ❤❤❤❤❤