Chapter 2- Rising Up

The funeral of Xavier Claude was two days later. I stayed in my room until then, contemplating dying too, to be with him in heaven, but I figured that my mom would go insane and Cilan would literally have no one, so advised against it.

The next day was a school day, so as you can imagine, Mom needed some to think, so she sent me in. It went all wrong. I got into a fight, for tripping a kid with my untied shoelaces, but I wasn't hurt. My math teacher was in a bad mood, and my lunch got sat on by the biggest kid is the school, and for many other reasons, my day was horrible.

Anyways, so me and Cilan hung out after school that day at the park, but I started hearing voices in my head. I'll tell you about it. Cilan thought I was having a seizure by the way I was writhing in pain on the ground. My head felt it would explode with the pain, as I heard the words call to me saying "Vincent, you will see me soon in a land you'd never be able to keep yourself from surprise about. We will see each other on paroles journey, as we'll travel together, to collect the souls we need to survive. Your mother knows your time is near, so she will know where you will be. Come with me, and you'll live FOREVER!!!!

Then Cilan and I went up in a column of fire, wind, earth, and water. Cilan was freaking out more than I was because to him I had a seizure, and now we're in, quote "a bunch'a stuff" but I knew it was much more than that. I knew they were the elements of the gods, as my father had said once, before he left us. We landed in a white land with a throne of gold and silver standing proudly, with who I felt as though I had once had a connection with atop it. He spoke to me in a voice like rolling thunder, and rapid waterfalls splashing into the space below. He called out my name.

"Who said that? I asked even though I knew because he was the only person here who had that loud of a voice, as Cilan is all squeaky, and I hadn't spoken.

"It is I, your father. I am a God of the world in between heaven and hell. Your mother was-"

"Yeah, I got the storyline, here, I'm a demigod, but why am I here?

"You need training for soul-capturing" answered my father, who's name was Kistus, God of The Hunt.

"You mean like what Grell Sultcliff does in Kuroshitsuji?"

"A little, but we don't recall memories, or kill people, just when they die naturally, or are murdered, you reap the soul, from the mouth with your soul-scythe you will receive when your ready."

Then I felt an awful urge to sing 'Everything is Awesome' from 'The Lego Movie,' but didn't want to make the impression of my insanity I've left with everyone I know, so I kept silent.

The man who called himself my father continued with his thought. He started pacing around the room as he spoke.

He said, "Do you feel that you are ready to begin your training to become a reaper?"

All was silent for but a moment.