Chapter 10

The morning light was shining brightly above while she was busy watering the flourishing flowers in her garden. "Looking good, Ms. Rose," she giggles as she thought how silly she was for talking to red roses in front of her. Victoria glanced in her wrist watch and realized that it's time for her to cook breakfast.

Greggy was convincing her to hire maids so she would not get tired of cooking and do some house chores but she was persistent enough to disagree with him.

A pair of muscular arms snaked around her small body and squeezed her a bit. Her lips formed into smile knowing exactly who's behind her. She could feel his kisses at the crown of her head while she pushed her back against his strong body indicating that she's melting at the gesture.

"Do you have errands today?" his voice was manly yet soft. "I don't think so," she answers, resting her arms on top of his. "Where do you want to go?" she would ask and made her turn around to face him.

"Anywhere. As long as I am with you" she pushed back her head and let out a heartily laugh when she noticed that he's blushing and thinking how cute it was to hear him being free to say whatever he wanted. On the other hand, he stared at her with adoration seeing her genuinely laughing because of him.

She was hostage against his arms while her melodious sound of laughing is like a tickles in his ear. He loves it-- he loves hearing her. Greggy softly cupped her jaw and made her look at her.

"Stop laughing or I'm gonna kiss you," he threatened and plastered his side smile.

"That's the threat I wanna receive every day" she flirtatiously uttered. Greggy was about to kiss her when a voice of a man spoke behind them.

"Sir-"

"Give us a minute. Will you, James?" Greggy would say as he knew the owner of a voice while his eyes were fix on hers. James turn around to give the two a time.

Victoria rolled her eyes playfully of how awkward it is. "Let your father's assistant speak. It might be important," she successfully free herself from his embrace but he pulled her again that earn a joking glare from her. "You're more important" he whispered in her ear, sending shivers down her spine.

"I do know that," her lower lip was caught between her teeth to stop herself from smiling. "Go on, James. Say what you came for," she uttered softly while her eyes never left his to scrutinize his reaction.

Greggy flashed his side charming smile before facing James. "What's the matter?" he asked and extend his arm to offer James a seat. "I will leave you two for a moment, and I'll just cook breakfast" she was about to turn around but James cleared his throat "actually, ma'am..Mr. William and Ms. Helene are asking for your presence there." Greggy noticed the sudden change of her expression from pleasant to..he could not figure out.

"What for?" Greggy asked in behalf of his fiancee and stood up to pull her closer, sensing how uncomfortable she is.

"They did not tell, Sir." he would say and stood up as well, giving appropriate respect to the couple. "Tell them we will coming over." He said and softly squeezed her arm to give comfort.

Victoria forcefully smile to James before silently let out a deep sigh. The young man excused himself and left while Greggy made her face him and he could see nothing but outright disconcerted in her meek pair of brown eyes.

His lips found the crest of her head and put a gentle kiss on it. She closed her eyes, wrapping her delicate arms around his masculine waist. "You will be fine. I'm here with you and I won't ever leave you. My parents are human too like us." he softly said, trying his best not to make her feel more twitchy than she already was.