two, home sweet home

AURORA STARED AT her father's front door. She hadn't seen him in a while. Sure they spoke every now and then but she hasn't seen him for a good three years.

She just hoped he hadn't gotten a thousand calls from her mom like she did. She'd been ignoring her ever since she got off the plane.

She knocked on the door three times and patiently waited. After a minute or so, her father swung open the door and looked at her in shock. "Rory?"

"Hi, daddy." She smiled before the two of them tightly hugged.

She missed her father's hugs. They were the most comforting thing in the world. He was the most comforting thing in the world.

"What-what are you doing here?" He stuttered.

Aurora made mental note that he clearly hasn't heard anything from her mom as of yet. In his defence though, it seemed as if he only just woke up. "Just visiting for a couple days. Sorry for the short notice."

"Hey, it's okay, this is your home too." He grinned stepping to the side so she could walk in.

She stepped in and looked around. It was...different. Not anything like their old house. She glanced at the bottles of alcohol and Dewey panicked, quickly throwing the bottles away.

She slightly frowned before she put on a big grin. "I'm gonna go say hi to everyone before they go off to school." She told him.

"Wait!" He stopped her from further movement. "Do you not wanna see your room?"

The blonde looked at him shocked. "I have my own room?"

"Yeah, of course." He smiled, guiding her to her bedroom. He opened the door, revealing a kid like bedroom. "I saved everything from the old house that you didn't take with you. Look there's Mr James." He chuckled holding up one of the many stuffed animals on her bed.

Aurora looked at her dad in admiration before she wrapped her arms around his body. "Thank you. I love it."

***

When Aurora arrived at Tara's hospital room she softly knocked on the door. She was terrified to see her childhood best friend. She didn't want Tara to hate her, hell that was the last thing she'd ever want. But she knows there's a possibility she'll be mad at her.

"Come in." A hoarse voice said in a low tone.

When the blonde pushed open the door, Tara gasped in shock. "Rora?"

Aurora shut the door behind her and slowly approached the hospital bed. "Hey, T." She softly smiled.

"You're here? You're really here." The dark haired girl started to tear up.

"I'm really here." The two pull each other into a hug and sit crying for a good couple of minutes. It was just a hug full of raw emotion. No embarrassment.

They pulled away, wiping tears before Tara let out a dry chuckle. "We look like idiots right now."

Aurora let out a laugh. "We do." She agreed, trying to gain composure. "I'm sorry that we don't speak anymore." She frowned, regretting every week passing without calling.

"Hey," Tara grabbed her hands in comfort. "I can't blame you for moving on." She softly smiled.

Tara's smile always seemed to make her smile and feel at ease. Her smile was probably one of her favourite things about her.

A moment of silence passed before Aurora broke it. "I'm sorry this happened to you."

The Carpenter furrowed her eyebrows together. "Did you do it to me?"