004

To reward himself for writing zero percent of the essay he has due, Yeonjun sleeps in until noon. His curtains do little to protect him from the blaring sun as he squints against the natural light, senses overwhelmed. His bed's warm and he's swamped in sweat, kicking off his bed sheets with a heavy sigh.

Despite the lines on his arms that usually indicate a good night's sleep, he doesn't feel well-rested. He feels the complete opposite, sighing and rolling over on his side to read the time. He blinks forcefully, unblurring his eyes and pursing his lips.

The digital clock on his nightstand tells him it's 1.pm. and he huffs, rolling flat onto his bed and staring at the ceiling.

He's noticed that whenever he sleeps in, instead of getting up early, he wakes up the moodiest. Somehow managing to worsen his mood because it's Saturday (his favourite day of the week) and he doesn't want to spend it pouting away and stressing over an unfinished piece of work like he knows he will.

Though he supposes his best friend could provide a distraction from that-and while he's aware procrastination isn't the right answer, that's never stopped him before, and certainly won't stop him now.

Yeonjun climbs out of bed, his spine and knees cracking as he does (he'll have to tell Beomgyu to stop calling him a hag because this is clearly evidence of manifestation), and trudges towards his door with a huff.

He opens his bedroom door to see Beomgyu balancing his phone between his shoulder and ear as he grabs a grey hoodie from the back of one of their kitchen chairs. The younger pulls his hoodie over his free shoulder then switches his phone to his other ear so he can pull it over the other.

Yeonjun watches curiously, walking further into the room and shooting him a questioning glance when their eyes meet. Beomgyu doesn't say anything to him yet, finishing up the call before sighing and staring down at his phone.

"Hyunngggg," he drawls the way he does when he's about to ask Yeonjun for a favour.

Yeonjun plays disinterested and rolls his eyes, copying the younger's tone. "Yesss?"

"I booked an appointment to have my wisdom teeth removed next Friday..." Yeonjun raises his eyes surprised by how soon Beomgyu's managed to book it, but Beomgyu continues unfazed.

Of course it doesn't faze him, Beomgyu's family have the connections that could get him in the next hour if he really wanted. Though, the wait is usually only around two weeks near where they live anyway.

"Are you free that day?" He rounds his eyes to appear cuter when he asks and tilts his head.

Yeonjun's not sure if he is but Beomgyu should already know that whatever he has that day would quickly be dropped for his best friend. He snorts and walks over to the kitchen area, straight to the kettle which is still warm.

Beomgyu must've recently made himself a drink.

"Yeah. I am," Yeonjun confirms, glancing at where Beomgyu's standing in the middle of their dorm's living area.

"Can you take me?" Beomgyu finishes with the question he's been leading up to, a hopeful expression on his face like he believes there's a possibility of Yeonjun's telling him no.

Yeonjun chuckles, taking a cup from the dish rack and placing it on the counter then throwing a spoonful of coffee into it. "Yeah."

"Thanks, Hyung~" Beomgyu grins at him gratefully, white teeth on display. "You're the best!"

His smile's sugary sweet to Yeonjun and he never realised how much of a sweet tooth he had until he first saw it. Because when he did, he knew he wanted to see it a thousand times over, and he wanted to be the reason for it a whole lot more. He's dedicated all the years they've known each other since to ensuring Beomgyu's happy, that his smile continues to grow. Some of the reasoning behind it is selfish, but Beomgyu deserves happiness too.