011

"Hyung, I'm sick," Beomgyu argues with a petulant whine when Yeonjun tries to get him to stand.

He can't open the passenger side of the car with Beomgyu clutching onto him like a baby monkey and his thighs are burning from the walk down a full flight of stairs. This little brat is so spoilt, it's ridiculous, and what makes it worse is that Yeonjun is ninety-nine per cent sure he'll give into him.

"You're not sick, you've just had some teeth removed." Yeonjun grunts as Beomgyu's grip tightens around his body, refusing to let go. "Let go you brat!"

"You're meant to be nice to me." Beomgyu pouts, his silky voice or medicated sadness right by Yeonjun's ear. Add manipulative to the list of things Yeonjun needs to call Beomgyu when he's no longer high, because guilt washes over him as soon as he registers Beomgyu's dejection.

Forcing all of the air out of his lungs, Yeonjun gives up arguing and crouches so he can pull open his door and drop Beomgyu into his seat.

The position the younger lands in is awkward, but he at least has the decency to move into a sitting position without annoying Yeonjun into giving him more princess treatment. Content, he hums and straightens out the creases in his pants, then pulls on his seatbelt.

"Bite down on the gauze, Beomgyu," Yeonjun reminds Beomgyu when he pulls down his sun visor to stare at the mixture of blood, saliva, and gauze in his mouth. Beomgyu immediately bites down into a smile, turning his head towards Yeonjun to show him he's listening.

Yeonjun shakes his in amusement, trying not to show it on his face, and slams the car door shut before walking over to his side and getting in with him. "Smoothie time?"

Beomgyu attempts a nod, but remembering how to use his body after anaesthesia delays the lifting of his head, chin tucked in close to his neck.

Yeonjun chuckles and puts his keys in the ignition, starting the vehicle up and driving off when ready.

"I wanna listen to music," Beomgyu speaks up, reviving from the dead and attacking the radio with a heavy hand. "Wanna listen to music," he repeats, practically yelling in Yeonjun's ear. In all fairness, he doesn't do it deliberately.

Yeonjun switches the radio on without argument, listening to Beomgyu's content humming as they head down to the nearest place he can get a smoothie. He only reprimands Beomgyu when he begins singing, the nurses told him a list of things the latter should avoid doing and talking or singing for extended periods of time was one of them.

Beomgyu frowns, crossing his arms and turning his eyes on the view outside of the car so he doesn't have to listen to Yeonjun being mean (according to him). Though, he begins to hum soon after so it seems he wasn't that moody about the elder's light scolding.

"What smoothie do you want?" Yeonjun asks as they round the fast food place's drive-through, sparing a glance at his best friend.

"Strawberry blast," Beomgyu replies and Yeonjun wonders why he bothered asking, Beomgyu always goes for strawberry-based drinks when they go somewhere they haven't been before. "With a burger and fries."

"You can't eat solid foods." Yeonjun frowns sympathetically when he sees Beomgyu's pouty lips, his eyes accusing the elder of setting the vicious rule in place.

Beomgyu's eyes wander off in thought before he taps Yeonjun's leg with an idea, his eyes round. "Just don't tell them, Jun, then they won't know I did." He nodded persuasively.

"Sorry, Beoms, I'm putting my foot down-"

"Don't do that, there's a car right in front of us!" Beomgyu gasps and grabs onto the handle above his head, clasping his eyes shut in case of a crash.