Chapter seven

I sigh once more at the thought of dating anyone, it was bound to be destroyed anyway.

As I space out once more, I heard Naomi say, "She's just socially awkward." she giggled. I scoff and kick her on her leg.

"Ow! What was that for?" She growled.

I look at her expressionless. "I am not socially awkward, I only prefer silence then noise. From your mouth, I hear a lot of noise, so it bothered me, and I kicked you. Case closed." I said.

She glared at me and I gave her a fake smile and space out.

I'm alert, so I space out, but I hear what others are saying. "Is she always like that?" I hear Luke say. "Only when she's around people. She's been through a lot this past year. She doesn't communicate like she used to. She went from the life of the party to the loner in the corner." Naomi said. My eyes looked down to the ground and I feel tears form. I'm not ready to tell you what happened, maybe later...

Naomi noticed and rubbed my back a little. I took a deep breath and relaxed, and looked up to Luke and Lucila. "I'll be right back." I said and stood up. "I'll come too!" Naomi said, getting up as well. "No. You stay here." I told her. She looked at me worriedly and I walked away. I ran to the bathroom and I cried for a little bit.

I think I'm ready to tell you now... I had a boyfriend before, his name was Nate, and he was abusive. He'd hit me and yell at me and he even threw a beer bottle at me. I have a scar right below my jaw from that. He used to smoke and drink, pop pills and get high, and then he would beat me. From that point on, I became a loner. He was arrested a year after we started dating when my mom found my scar. I hid it well until I forgot to cover it with make-up once.

I've been very scared and fragile lately because he was getting out of jail in two days. He told me before he was arrested, he said, "If you ever get me arrested, I'm coming for you Ford. I'll kill you." He'd say it daily. After about five minutes, I decided to go back. Once I sat down, they all looked at me worriedly. "Maya..." Naomi said, looking down. "Yeah?" I asked. "We've got bad news." she said. "What kind of bad news?" I asked, scared.

Naomi sighed and looked at me with guilt. "I told them..." she said. I gasped and became angry. "About Nate?" I growled. She nodded. "Oh my God Naomi!" I yelled. "Why?!" I added. "Because, Luke knows Nate." She said. I looked at her wide eyed. Then I looked at Luke. "Maya... He's transferring here... Actually, he's right behind you..." Luke said. I began to cry and I didn't want to look behind me. I closed my eyes shut and cried harder. "No, no, no, no." I kept repeating. I felt a large, muscular hand touch my shoulder. I jumped and whimpered. "Hey there Maya. It's been a while." Nate said.

"Stay away from me!" I yelled while pushing him away. I then got lightheaded and I must've fainted. The last thing I remember is Luke catching me and telling Nate to stay away from me.