Chapter two

It was December third, 1985....

I awoke groggily to my three brothers, Jackson, John, and Josei (pronounced Joe-sigh), bouncing around in the house. We bought this house a week ago, so this'll be my first year of highschool.

"Maya!" My younger sister, Jehn, called. Jehn and my other sister, Alyson, came into my Aqua room.

"What?" I groaned, pulling the blankets over my head. "You have to goooo." They whined in unison. For ten year old twins, they sure were whiny. "Fine." I snapped and perked up. I'm cranky in the morning. Really cranky. In the next twenty minutes, I was ready for the long day ahead of me.

"Maya!" My mother, Johnanna (pronounced John-nan-ah), called. "I'm coming!" I called back. Anxiety was eating away at my stomach as I ran down the steps. "Naomi is here." My father, Jesse, announced. My blonde best friend practically floated into the room. "Hello, broomers!" She greeted. She called us "broomers" because my mom kept the house spotless. Clean freak she is, she can adapt to some fun. Unable to keep us apart, Naomi's parents moved with us. Mostly because we couldn't stop crying. Guilt trips worked!

"Hey butterhead." I greeted back. We always went back and forth with names. "You excited for highschool?" She asked. "Yup! It's going to be so rad!" I cheered. "Mrs. Ford? Food?" She asked, disappointed with no food on the table. She was a foodie. "Right here 'butterhead'," my mother quoted me, "fresh off the stove!" She added.

We dug into our pancakes and bacon and drank our orange juice. "Come on, Maya. We're almost late!" Naomi said and pulled me to the bus stop. I can't believe I was in high school. It was Freshman year, there were new people, cute boys. I couldn't wait.

Naomi had a better shot surviving high school then I did. She had crystal blue eyes, dirty blonde hair, and a kind personality. I only had plain brown eyes and light brown hair. I wouldn't count my personality as kind as Naomi, though I was pretty nice.

Jehn and Alyson had a better shot then I. The twins were beautiful. They had the same eyes as Naomi, and pretty much had the same personality. But they were stuck with my mothers brown hair.

Josei, John and Jackson were the same. They were going to be jocks, all three of them. John would be captain of the football team, for he was the oldest. 12 years old though he was, he could outplay a football allstar. They same for the other two. Josei would probably be track. The eight year old could run. Jackson would be in swimming, he almost drowned three years ago, when he he was four, because he dived into the lake.

While my brothers had their plans, I was stuck not knowing if I could even make a team or club.