Chapter 42: Keep the Dream Alive (Mother's Rosario Arc Finale)

The next day, at school, Kazuto and Jaden try to get the VR probe for Yuuki running.

Jaden: Setting the gyro like that would make it too sensitive. So you need to loosen up on this parameter here if you want to prioritize visual tracking.

Kazuto: But wouldn't that make it too slow to handle the sudden movements?

Jaden: You'll just have to rely on the program's machine learning algorithm to smooth it over. Plus we need to hurry. Our lunch break is almost over.

Kazuto: Right. this will do for the default settings. Can you hear me Yuuki?

Yuuki: Yup! Loud and clear!

Kazuto: Okay, so I'm going to initialize the lens state. Let me know when the visuals clear up and come into focus.

Yuuki: Roger that.

Kazuto starts adjusting the lens.

Yuuki: Hold it!

Kazuto: Alright, we're all set. So Jaden, I have installed some stabilizers, so try to avoid any sudden movements regardless.

Jaden: You got it.

A while later, Jaden heads outside holding the VR probe on his right shoulder.

Yuuki: Woah, The courtyard is huge!

Jaden: Well, I was planning to show you around school first, but lunch break is over.

Yuuki: It's fine. I actually wanted to see your class.

They head over to the staff room.

Yuuki: Umm...

Jaden: What's wrong?

Yuuki: Well, I never liked going into a staff room to talk to a teacher.

Jaden: Don't worry about it. The teachers here are very nice.

Then, Jaden opens the door and speaks to his Modern Japanese teacher.

Jaden: I apologize about yesterday...

Teacher: Yes, it's fine. So who is this new student joining us today?

Yuuki: I'm Yuuki. Yuuki Konno.

Teacher: Well Yuuki, you are welcome to join our class anytime. Today we will start reading Akutagawa's The Truck today. If you stay until the end, it will all be more rewarding.

Yuuki: Thank you so much.

Teacher: You're welcome.

Then, Jaden walks out of the Faculty Office. He then closes the door. He takes a deep sigh. Yuuki looked at him and Jaden chuckles.

At The Classroom, 3-1

Jaden slowly walks into his classroom. His classmates were inside as well talking to eachother.

Yuuki: Whoa.

Then, Jaden proceeded to his desk and sat down as expected he was greeted by Asuna.

Asuna: Hello, David.

Jaden: Hey, Asuna.

Asuna: And hello to you too, Yuuki.

Yuuki: Hi, Asuna.

Asuna: I see you and Kirito got everything working properly.

Jaden: Yeah, it took us all morning though...

The teacher walks in and everyone takes a seat.

Teacher: Hello everyone. Today, we are going to start reading a new story today, so open up your textbooks to page 97. We are going to start reading Akutagawa Ryuunosuke's The Truck. Now let us begin. Would you like to start reading for us, Yuuki?