[ 9 ]

Felix sat in his office, quietly weeping over Chan's harsh words. He knew they were right and that he utterly deserved them. But they cut right through his soul. He couldn't bear the thought of having to apologize, of having to make amends, of having to explain why, but he knew he had to do something.

The guilt he felt was insurmountable.

Felix had been in Chan's concrete 'cell' for almost half an hour, but neither of them had spoken a word. Felix didn't know what to say, so he just sat there on a chair, staring at the wall, eyes hollow and empty.

"You dyed your hair orange."

Chan spoke in a gentle, ephemeral tone. He was desperate. Desperate to melt Felix's frozen heart and soul. Felix offered a grim smile and a small nod.

"Mhmm, the color's fading now, though." He pulled a few hair strands from his face, glancing briefly at them, running his hand through his hair.

"I never got a deal with the Wiggles," Chan chuckled lightly, the latter too. "I managed to buy some producing equipment, we could make music together."

Felix's posture stiffened, and he diverted his eyes. "Chan..."

"What, Lix."

A touchy silence coated the room.

"What do you wanna say, Lix?" Chan asked again, eyes pleading with the younger.

"I don't know. I guess I'm sorry, but that in no way cuts it," Felix managed to say in a small voice, head facing the ground in guilt.

Chan moved closer to Felix, and lifting the boy's head, he smiled softly. "I'm just happy you're alive."

Felix looked at Chan's kind face, eyes glazing over. 

"Hyung-" his voice cracked, throat choking up. "I-, I didn't-"

Before Felix could finish, Chan wrapped his arms around him, squeezing tight.

"My words cut it, Lix. All I want is an explanation, but that can wait."