Chapter Three//Rejected

"Dadddd, I'm dressed and ready to go", I screamed from downstairs. I couldn't believe my dad wasn't done dressing up. I literally came in after him.

"I'm coming! Gimme like 5 minutes", my dad shouted back.

I huffed and sat on the sofa in the living room. I pulled my phone out and started playing a game while I waited. I didn't like to be alone with my thoughts lately so I preferred to be occupied with something but right now the game isn't doing much to distract me from my thoughts.

Someone rang the doorbell. Who could it be? Just as I made to get up from the sofa and check who, I heard my sister Diamond sprinting downstairs and screaming "I'll get it! That's mine!"

Ohh, my sister's new bestie was visiting this Saturday.

Just as my sister opened the door, my dad came downstairs and said, "Alright I'm ready. Let's go."

"Hi. My name is Billie. I'm Diamond's friend from school", I looked up to see a black-haired girl with heterochromatic eyes. She was really pretty. I was sure she would grow up to be even prettier. She was around Diamond's height and seemed nervous yet I could sense a commanding aura that would grow as she grew up.

"Hello, Billie. Nice to meet you", my dad said, "have fun with Diamond today okay? "

"Thank you", she replied.

"This is my big sister, Lauretta", Diamond said to Billie

"Hi Lauretta", Billie said smiling slightly.

"Hey Billie, nice to meet you", I said with a small wave.

"Bye guys", Diamond said while dragging Billie to her room.

"Bye", Dad and I said in unison.

.

I don't play golf or even know anything about it. I only know that it was a game that involves putting a ball in a hole with a puck-like stick. I don't know the rules, I know absolutely nothing. Yet, I love following my dad to the golf course.

I had always begged him since I was little to take me with him to his golf games, but he never agreed. One day when I was 14, he agreed and since then I followed him almost every Saturday to his golf games.

I mostly sat and watched them with music in my ear because there usually aren't any other kids my age and the adults always spent time talking to each other even though I usually don't mind. Saturdays are therapeutic for me.

Today wasn't any different, I sat with music in my ear watching the men take turns while arguing loudly about politics, education and so many controversial topics. Tyler's dad is my dad's friend but he never came with his dad to the course so I've never seen him.

However, today took a big shocker as I looked up and saw Tyler stepping out of the car with his dad. I almost choked on the smoothie I was sipping.

He didn't notice me when he got down from the car. He just leaned on the car looking annoyed. It seemed like his dad had dragged him here, literally, because he was just in sweatpants and a tank top.

I didn't know whether to walk up to him to say hi or to wait for him to notice me. I debated it in my head for a while and just when I made my decision, I saw Tyler walking towards me, he had noticed me already.

"Hey. Lauretta, right?", he said and sat down to my right.

"Yeah! Hey!", I said. That was one of the things I found attractive about Tyler, he noticed people, he made everyone feel seen, he never overlooked anybody and he never forgot names.

"Do you come here all the time or?", he asked as he squinted at the sun and put on his sunglasses.

"Yeah, I come with my dad", I replied and pointed to my dad who was currently taking his turn.