Simply Sweet

ⓟ.ⓞ.ⓥ: ⓚⓔⓛⓢⓔⓨ ⓜⓐⓣⓣⓢⓞⓝ

ⓒⓗⓐⓟⓣⓔⓡ 3: ⓒⓞⓞⓚ ⓤⓟ ⓣⓗⓔ ⓘⓓⓔⓐⓢ

The announcement is about to start. Me and Haydin sat down together right in the front.

A bunch of kids were waiting anxiously to learn more about the contest. But it made me worried, some kids from the advanced cooking class are sitting in the 5th row. All sitting as a team.

But hey, me and Haydin are amazing at baking the best dessert. I could say it all day long, for even the rest of my life...but then there is Flora, who makes me REALLY worried. She could be thinking of something, like some lemon ricotta cookies to get me sick. Or she might want to break us down to find out what "secret" recipe to our winning dessert.

There is many things to worry about, but I have to put that aside. I must set eyes my eyes on Ms. Scallion (principal).

"Welcome students! Are you ready for the 3rd annual "Best Dessert" contest?" The principal said.

Everyone applauded and screamed and yelled so happily, even Haydin.

"That's great! We all know we do this to keep you guys in the true meaning in partnership and getting into that Paula Deen mode, and making something that you are proud of and something that you think is special. A cookie, cakes, brownies... Make it special in your possible way." Ms. Scallion stated for us, it was inspirational and gave me hope. For something.

"Alright, now. Lets get on to the rules. Number 1, do not steal anyone's recipe or food. Last year, most of you have been aware that a 7th grader had an unfriendly feud with another participant in the contest and purposely grabbed their baked project. Perhaps it was a cake, I did not get full details. The participant rightfully got what was hers, and remember kids, never make a scene like that to happen once again. That represents acts of theft and breaking personal property. You will be banned from school for 2 weeks if we witness this again. Number 2, you may have a partnership with at least 3 people. There were 2 girls who decided to work together and 1 girl wanted to win the prize. She knew the girls won every time so she got into their group. But when they all won, the girl sneakily stole each of the $100 they received and kept for herself. That also represents an act of theft! This is real money! So I suggest to you that you work alone or with someone that you know and trust. Sorry for my high tone, now to Number 3, HAVE FUN!"

I got all the my information I needed from our principal. I thought about number 2, I think Flora will try to come into our group and try and steal our recipe. She seems like that smart-and-a-lying-cheater type. Haydin should know this.

"HAYDIN! NUMBER 2!"

"Eww, I don't want to go the bathroom. You can if you want to do the number 2."

"No, not THAT number 2, the number 2 that Ms. Scallion mentioned"

"The one about the girl stealing the money"

"Yes! Think about it Haydin! The two girls could be us..."

"Who would be the prize robber?"

"That would be Little Miss "Soon To Be" Mathletes and Spelling Bee state champ?"

"Which would be who?"

"Ugh! Haydin! This person is Flora Phillips!

"Who?"

"The girl who called you brownie maker girl!"

"Oh right. I see your point."

"No, you have to understand my point. I bet you that Flora will be coming down this aisle to talk to us!"

"Time will tell"

I looked behind me, lots of people were gathered together and probably discussing there special recipe idea to make. But I did not see Flora around, but she must be mixed up with the huge crowd. I know she is coming to us. I'm certain of it. And trust me, I had a science exam that I didn't get to study for because I had a practice bee, and guess what, I guessed an answer and I got it right. Well I got everything right. And I will get this right too!