Chapter 5

Stressful day. Stressful night. I keep feeling that I'm pushing her away and I know she will know someday one way or the other. mom is right. I know I have to tell her but I'm not ready. and... I just want to forget about everything.

This feeling... that there's a hidden wall between us got bigger when I tried to talk to her before bed but she just told me to wake up early.

Just deal with it tomorrow. Just forget about everything. Just sleep and fix this later. Just... just

Goodnight Mei... 

.~.~.

"So..." Yuzu said looking at the current situation "am I getting expelled?" she looked nervously around. being surrounded is not an easy thing, especially after what happened the previous day. and getting called to the student council first thing in the morning with the woman in a suit sitting in the middle is obviously bad news.

"No" Mitsuko said with crossed arms "as a board member..."

"you are?" Yuzu asked shockingly.

Mitsuko sighed before answering "Honorary. as I was saying... the school wants to know what your ideas about the rules and how to change them for the better"

"my ideas?" Yuzu asked and got nothing in response. they all just stared at her except Mei who looked at a paper on the desk with a look that she couldn't fathom. is she sad or is she just tired?

"Aihara-san" Yuzu turned to the voice of Maruta who was smiling "I know this can be pressuring and if it's too much we can give you time to think about it"

Yuzu sat in silence thinking before looking at the girl who didn't talk much since this morning "Mei..." she called out to her and Mei slowly lifted her eyes from the piece of paper to look at her... for some reason, Mei couldn't find a label. her what? girlfriend? sister? she previously thought of Yuzu as her sunshine but now... her conflicted mind just hummed in response. "what do you think?"

"I... tried to come up with something but I only got the appearance rule that I already changed" Mei said and sighed still having a look that Yuzu has difficulty reading.

"This isn't meant to pressure you. we genuinely need your help, Aihara Yuzu" Yuzu turned to Himeko who despite her previous murder attempts, she looks calm and even smiled slightly.

"wow..."Yuzu sighed loudly before looking at everyone and shaking her head "and here I thought after what I said I will get expelled immediately"

"Well, you wanted to have your ideals be considered. you wished for a better future for the school. let me be honest with you. the board, some of them weren't happy" Mitsuko said flaming the curiosity of the younger girl "but others looked at what you said and decided that a change is what the Academy needs"

Yuzu once again drifted her eyes to the silent girl. Mei had her eyes glued to the paper making Yuzu worry that something is off. "and grandpa, what does he think?"

Mitsuko followed Yuzu's eyes and looked at Mei before answering "he put his faith in his granddaughter" she turned to Yuzu again before continuing "he is a little old-fashioned and wanted the Academy to stay as it is. but as his successor, he trusts that if his granddaughter thinks changes need to be made then so be it"

Yuzu took a moment to think before responding "so... um... what do you need me to do?"

"As I said, if you have any ideas we would like to know"

Yuzu looked up resting her finger on her mouth as she thought about something. what ideas does she have? what rules she doesn't like? they are giving her the option to change anything and there are quite a few of them... maybe more than a few... ok there's a lot that needs to be done, but telling them that all rules need to be changed is nothing short of ridiculous.