39. Reckless

Pranav had a blurry vision and a prominent dizziness when he tried to work out that morning.

He tried to work on the cardio, but was soon exhausted and settled down on a bench with a bottle of water. He gulped down the water and tried to push away the weird buzzing in his ears.
Breathing heavily, he sat there without exercise for good twenty minutes and gave on the attempt.

Shraddha looked at the wall clock and wondered about what held Pranav do long in the gym room. She made the bed and opened the windows to let the fresh air in.
The door opened and tired Pranav walked in.

Shraddha looked at him and was about to question him for being late, but his pale face and tired eyes made her heart skip a beat.

Pranav closed his eyes briefly and held his forehead in his palm. He opened his eyes after a brief second to find his wife in front of him and looking at him. Her face was clouded with pure horror and her eyes were wide open as she analyzed his face.
He lightly furrowed his eyebrows as he looked at her.

She parted her lips lightly and slowly raised her right hand. Pranav blinked when she slowly brought her hand and lightly touched above his upper lip. She than brought her fingers to her eye level and looked at the drop of blood on her fingers with pure horror.
Pranav looked at her fingers and he realized something. He wiped where she had touched and he too found blood on his finger tips.

He had a nosebleed.

With a brief stern glance towards his wife, he turned around and marched towards the bathroom. He locked himself inside, even before Shraddha was back to her senses.
She rushed behind him and tapped on the door, calling Pranav. She was utterly terrified.
The sound of running water was heard but there was no way to know if Pranav was fine. She kept on tapping on the door to let her in and check for herself, but Pranav paid no heed to her requests.

She did not know how long it was. By now, she was crying hysterically.
She did not find anything way put and did what she thought was right.

She rushed to the floor that she was not allowed.

She ran to the only person who she could look up for help. She tapped impatiently on Jay's bedroom door and it was open in an instant. Worried Jay looked at his bitterly crying sister-in-law and he was startled.

"He is bleeding." Was all that she could manage while pointing towards their bedroom.

Jay did not care to lock his room and rushed to look for his brother.

Shraddha followed him at her speed and found Jay on his knees in front Pranav who was sitting on the bed and had a face towel pressed around his nose and mouth.

Jay was trying to talk to him, while Pranav just a hand out to stop him and lightly held on Jay's shoulder as another wave of dizziness hit him.
Holding Pranav upright in sitting position, Jay dialed for the doctor and requested for an immediate visit.

"Go get some Ice." He gently ordered Shraddha who nodded meekly and walked out, wiping her tears.

Pranav looked at his wife and then at Jay.
He blinked rapidly and said, "I am fine. You are worried for no reason."

Jay ignored his words and helped him sit by the headboard of the bed. He adjusted a few pillows to make him more comfortable. Shraddha came back with a bowl of ice cubes. Jay pulled out his handkerchief and wrapped a few ice cubes in it. He pulled away the towel from Pranav's face and was shocked to see the amount of blood that was on the towel. Blinking back his own tears, he applied the ice on Pranav's bridge of nose and Pranav winced at the cold contact.

Jay wiped the blood still flowing and simultaneously applied the cold ice.

The doctor arrived and so did Siddharth.

As the doctor examined Pranav, he asked about any other physical uneasiness and Pranav decided to be honest. He confessed about the constant dizziness and blurred vision at times.

The doctor nodded and advised him to rest.

When Jay and Siddharth followed the doctor, he asked them if there was anything that Pranav was extremely worried about. When Jay thought that it was about Shraddha's safety, Siddharth knew how worried Pranav was for Diya and her unborn child.
The doctor told them that Pranav might be suffering from hypertension.

The doctor advised that the change of place might be good distraction.

While Jay was set on fire, thinking he needed to speed up, to save his brother from anymore misery, Siddharth was wondering on what he could do to get whereabouts of Diya... who, according to Pranav, was still alive.

Both of them cursed under their breaths and looked at each other, startled.
As if, both of them knew, they were up-to something and their cover was about to be blown away.

Siddharth watched as Jay turned around and rushed to his room. He sighed and walked to his friend's room, where Pranav was now sleeping peacefully.

Jay paced in his room. All he could see was Pranav's pale face, Shraddha crying hysterically and the blood stained towel.
He clenched his fist and his jaw ticked.

He pulled out his phone and dialled a number.

"I want the robot delivered by tomorrow." He whispered to the person on the other end.

Siddharth received a call from Jay, requesting him to take care of Pranav for a few days, as he was moving towards Chennai to stay with his father.
Siddharth was surprised by his sudden request. Not that he would not have helped Pranav, bit he had thought that Jay would be there with Pranav in these delicate times.

Jay came down with a medium sized bag, to find Shraddha silently weeping in the living room.

He kept the bag on the floor and she looked up at him. He sighed deeply and walked towards her. To her surprise he kneeled down in front of her and she widened her moist eyes.
He gently held her hands and looked at her shocked features.

"Trust me, he is fine." He whispered and another drop slipped from her eyes.

"I will not let anything happen to him. I promise, I will do everything in my control to see you and him happy. For now, just see that he doesn't work for a few days. I will be back soon." He added with conviction.

She nodded and he got up to leave.

He left, without looking back.

It was another shock to Pranav when he came to know that Jay has gone to meet his father.
He did not know what and how Jay with interact with their father, after knowing all the reality.

Jay could be reckless at times. He just hoped that nothing new mess is created.

What he did not know was the Jay would soon create another fiasco and would end all possibilities to find Diya.

When two days passed without any problems, Pranav could not make himself accept that all was fine.

It was another cloudy night, when, he got a call from his dear younger brother.

"Dau, I am sorry to bother you at this hour, but Dad is no more." Jay said from other side.

------------------------------------

Another chapter up.

Vote....
Comment....

Love......