Ch. 12

Trigger warning: physical abuse, drug use, arguing, sucide attempt, cutting, blood, (I think that's all )

This chapter is really just flashbacks from different times in y/n's life so if you're confused just know this is from the past.

"Do you want a bubble bath?" she asked me, her face full of anticipation. I looked at her, not understanding what she meant. What were bubbles and why did they have anything to do with my bath?

It wasn't until she pulled out a bottle with strawberry shortcake on it that I understood what she meant. I wanted to say something, but all I could do was give her a toothless smile and try to say, "Yeah."

Although it sounded nothing like what it was supposed to, she understood. "Of course you do!"

She went over to the tub, leaving me on top of the toilet seat. She started the water and poured a little bit of the product in. She came back to me with a smile on her face.

All I could do was look at her in awe. She looked so beautiful, and I loved that smile on her face. It was rare, but it was nice.

"Come on, mama, we have to get you cleaned up!" She picked me up and brought me to the tub.

Once I got in, I was so happy I began to play with the bubbles. They smelled so good, I tried to taste them, but the woman stopped me.

"Y/n, no, these aren't edible, baby," she laughed. Once she stopped laughing, she just looked at me. I didn't notice her looking at first, but when I did, I turned to stare at her as well. It wasn't until I turned my head sideways that she stopped.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to stare. You must have found that weird," she giggled.

She picked up a cloth from the side of me and began putting some soap on it. "Now it's time to clean you, my love," the woman said, and that she did.

While she cleaned me, she began to vent about her life.

"Your dad drives me crazy, y/n. He's always blabbing about something," she said. Her sentence made me giggle. I even tried to repeat the word "babbling," but it just came out as "bla," which made the woman laugh, and then she went back to ranting.

"Not to mention my dealers are out of town, so I'm completely sober. News flash: he sounds way worse sober." I giggled at her funny faces. But the woman only sighed.

"I have a feeling you like me better sober, though, right, y/n?" I looked at her, confused again, not knowing what she was talking about.

"I know when I'm sober I'm more active with you, I'm better for you, and I'm less of a bitch. I hate myself for not being the best I can be for you, and I promise one day I'll change. You hear me, y/n? I'm going to change for you and be the best person I can be. I'll be the mama you deserve!"

The woman was basically shouting at this point, and I could tell she was done speaking.

"Bitch," I said, clear enough for the woman to hear.

Her face dropped and she looked at me. "What did you just say, young lady?"

I giggled at her and said my new word again. "Bitch."