22

★ ° . *   ° . °☆  . * ● ¸ .    ★  ° :. ★  * • ○ ° ★.  *  .       .°  . ● . ★ ° . *   ° . °☆. * ● ¸ .    ★  ° :●.   *• ○ ° ★  .  *  .

JEALOUS GIRL
The last of it

Wednesday was covered in blood and mud, and Évangéline found herself in a similar state. Her fall had been cushioned by a stray shard of metal from the sword, leaving her with a painful wound on her waist that worsened with each movement.

She could only focus on the blood staining her hands. The severity of her injury was unknown until the click of a gun snapped her out of her daze. "You brought a gun to a sword fight," Thornhill taunted. "It's probably the first smart decision you've made today."

"I might not get to kill all the outcasts," Thornhill said as she staggered closer to Wednesday, "but at least I'll get to kill you, Wednesday." Évangéline was too far away to see why her former teacher had stopped, until a buzzing sound grew louder and louder. A swarm of bees surrounded Thornhill.

Shooting wildly and shielding her head, Thornhill was overwhelmed by the bees. "Yeah, that's what you get for messing with Nevermore," Eugene's voice echoed. "Hummers stick together, right?"

The bees covered Thornhill, and then Wednesday finished her off.

Outside the gates, all the students and teachers waited for answers. Yoko spotted a small, shivering blonde girl covered in mud and blood.

"Enid?" Ajax's concerned voice broke through. Seeing she was only in a coat, he guided her through the crowd of students. "Where's Wednesday? Where's Évangéline?" They exchanged worried glances, unsure of the two girls' fates.

Their anxiety eased when four figures approached the gates, one of them limping. Wednesday, Évangéline, Eugene, and Bianca were met with emotional hugs from Enid. Wednesday pulled back momentarily but then embraced her friend again when she saw the relief in Enid's face. Évangéline slowly detached herself from the hug, allowing Enid to have the embrace she had longed for.

Tears welled in Évangéline's eyes. Blood from her hands stained her face, and mud covered most of her skin. As she scanned the crowd, she spotted Xavier. He staggered towards her, unsure how to approach. Évangéline cut through his uncertainty by pulling him into a kiss. It was a moment both had yearned for, now finally realized.

Leaning into Xavier's shoulder, he noticed the metal protruding from her back. "Angel," he whispered, almost breaking into tears.

"I know," she sighed, holding him tighter.

With the semester cut short, students were sent home early. The remaining teachers decided they needed a break after the tumultuous events. Évangéline had her wound treated with a few stitches and was packing her things.

The trio visited the deceased Principal Weems' office to pay their respects. "I hate to admit it, but I'm going to miss Principal Weems," Évangéline said first.

"She could be a real pain," Wednesday added. "But she was tough. For that, I have immense respect."

"And she died for what she truly loved: this school," Enjd concluded.

"She was one of us." The three girls left the office in silence.

"Now that classes are canceled for the rest of the semester, you two have to visit me in San Francisco," Enid demanded. "I can guarantee fog and drizzle every day for you, Wednesday. And Evan, I'll be there for you to complain to."

"Sounds tempting," Wednesday agreed.

"Only if you two come to France. We can visit all the cute little cafés," Évangéline said with a smile. Seeing Wednesday's reaction, she added, "Don't worry, Nes, there are dark things in Paris too. Like the bell towers of Notre Dame." Wednesday's composure returned with a small smile, her nickname restored.

"Bianca," Wednesday said, stopping the girl who had been a great help. "I owe you a thank you."

"We're getting that fencing title next year," Bianca joked. "So don't let killing one supernatural pilgrim go to your head." She left with a smile for Évangéline.

"Oh, and Nes," Évangéline turned, only to find Wednesday and Enid gone. "What the hell," she whispered.

"You look a little lost," came a familiar taunting voice from above. Évangéline looked up, smiling.

"Don't you have anything better to do than watch girls?" Évangéline joked, making her way up the small staircase.

"Only the pretty ones," Xavier said quietly, so only Évangéline could hear.

"Who are these pretty girls you've been watching?" She wrapped her arms around his neck, holding him close. It felt natural.

"I don't know if you know her," he said, echoing her actions by holding her waist gently, mindful of the stitches. "She has brown hair with pink streaks. The most enchanting eyes I've ever seen. She's incredibly brave, and even after falling out with someone, she still helped her."

Évangéline's smile grew uncontrollably. "Stop it," she said into his shoulder, hiding her grin. They shared a peaceful moment, unconcerned with anyone watching.

"How are your stitches?" Xavier stroked above the fresh wound with affection.

"Could be better. How about you, being a free man?" she asked, lifting her head.

"All charges dismissed," he said, mirroring her smile. "I'm sorry to cut this short, but I need to find Wednesday to thank her for the arrow and apologize for what I said." At the mention of an arrow, Évangéline looked confused. "I'll explain later. Have a good break. I'll see you around?"

"Of course," she replied, waving him off. "Have a good break."

After saying goodbye to her friends, Évangéline met her father, who had already packed the car. "You ready to go, Evie?" he asked. Before she could answer, her phone buzzed with pictures of her and Xavier, and her and Wednesday.

She looked up, hiding her anxiety. "Yeah, I'm ready."

End of the last of it

End of Jealous Girl
Season One

★ ° . *   ° . °☆  . * ● ¸ .    ★  ° :. ★  * • ○ ° ★.  *  .       .°  . ● . ★ ° . *   ° . °☆. * ● ¸ .    ★  ° :●.   *• ○ ° ★  .  *  .
AHHHH ITS FINALLY DONE!!!!! Thank you so much for reading this story, it means the world :) this book has taken just under 2 months and I really like the outcome. When the next season comes out I will be continuing the story, in a different book. Anyway ty so much for reading and if you want read one of my other books :)

See you soon :)
-blehcupidd