Chapter two {meeting him}

Past time: 1968

It's been a year since they've discovered that the god, devil, angels and demons were real. It's also been a year since they've lost a fellow member who once knew this information.

All of his family members, wearing black tuxedos and black dresses, surround his coffin. His son, in front of his wife showing no emotion only because he doesn't know what's going on.

He doesn't take his eyes off the coffin once, because he knows if he does, he'll cry also, but he doesn't know why he would cry. He's never been to a funeral, he might not even know whose funeral this is for given how young he is.

His mother crouches down and hugs him

"Mommy" he softy spoke and his mother hums

"What's happening? Who's in there?" He looks at his mother for answers. His mother turns him to face her.

"Your f-father" as soon as she said those words she cried more, harder this time. Realisation hits him and he starts crying.

Some time goes on and it's now time to bury him, his son sprinkles dirt on his coffin and not soon after his fathers coffin is fully buried.

Scarlet: 2023

Curiosity hits me and I think of a smart idea. Maybe instead of being in my head i search google for answers, i know for a fact they will have some. And if they dont then I have nothing to be worried about.

I open my laptop and go straight to google,

"Are demons and angels real?" I say out loud while writing it on google. I go through most of the links but all of them are fake with memes. On the second page I click on the first one. This one seems real

I start reading

'In 1967, an unknown lab discovered that demons and angels existed. They have not told us yet how they discovered this information, but there's pictures. They claimed to be in the clouds and inside the ground, and that you couldn't get there unless you were taken there by one of them. These angels and demons that were created by a goddess and satan, were in no way connected given they had multiple children with multiple different people. But one says, the goddess and devil met, connecting instantly. They started their own family with two kids knowing it was forbidden for them to get entangled.
The two children were born angels but one of them turned evil and followed in his fathers footsteps. WARNING; IF YOU EVER ENCOUNTER A DEMON, YOU WILL EXPERIENCE THE FOLLOWING EFFECTS: Random waves of heat, heartburn, exhaustion and dizziness. If you follow in the footsteps of a possible soulmate, you will see their shadow and sense their presence, you will also-

I shut my laptop, stopping me from reading more. Soulmate with a demon? Me? That's a joke, you know what else is a joke, this whole thing. Someone has to be messing with me.

They just have to be. In no way in hell I'm being some demon's soul mate. That's crazy.

You know what, I have work in an hour. I need to get ready. Work is definitely what I need right now, you know some people say they hate working but to me working is so fun. Work is like a hobby where you get paid just for doing what you love. .

I work at a grocery store, I've been working there for two years. I've gotten one promotion so far. I move my laptop to my white wooden bedside table that has a small lamp on it. My bedroom is in the basement.

When we got this house there wasn't enough room, and I was about to share my room with Amanda but I had this brilliant idea and told them I'll just have my bedroom in the basement. I didn't really decorate it; since i'll be moving soon, but i made a painting when i was younger that's hung up by my closet