Chapter One

Chapter One

If you told me a month ago that I would have run into my childhood best friend and my ex-boyfriend and told him that we have kids I would have slapped you and gone about my day.

But here I am having dinner with Damian, Adonis, Bianca, and our children in my home. It had been a month since Damian, Adonis and I reconnected after Damian signed with my management company and also revealed that we had children.

Damian immediately wanted to meet them and the rest was history. Damian and our kids have been spending every moment together like it was so bittersweet because he missed nineteen years of their lives but yet he was trying his best to be there.

And the kids love having him around. That's why we were having dinner. The kids invited Damian over for dinner and Damian brought Adonis and his family with him. Now, I was stuck avoiding eye contact with Damian and Adonis.

It was obvious why I was avoiding eye contact with Damian because I'm still madly in love with him and I had tears threatening to fall every time I look at the man that was right in front of me, the man that I thought I would never see again in my life.

Now, avoiding eye contact with Adonis was a different story. Adonis was mad at me for not ever reaching out to him so he could be a part of my life. He felt like he deserved to be there for me and my children but yet he was the one who left me behind. I didn't walk away from him, or our friendship.

He did. He was being stubborn and honestly, I wasn't going to be that little girl he knew who always gave in to him and Damian.

Nope, he was going to get this cold shoulder until he gets over himself.

"Our birthday is coming up," Domani said, breaking the silence at the table.

Damian smiled.

"Are you guys having a party?" Damian asked the triplets.

Adonia looked at me, signing her excitement at the idea of Damian throwing them a party.

"I'll throw y'all one if your mom is okay with that," Damian told them as he looked at me.

"Y-you can," I said.

Damian nods.

"Yes!" Dominic said as he high-fived his brother.

Adonia looked at Adonis, signing to him. Adonis signed back to her with a smile on his face. Adonis was smitten with his namesake, she reminded him so much of Bianca.

Adonis felt extremely protective of Adonia because she wears hearing aids due to progressive hearing loss and she also had a Specific language impairment so she uses American Sign Language (ASL) to communicate.

"Slow down, baby girl, your hands are moving too fast for me," Damian said as he tried to catch onto what Adonia and Adonis were talking about.

I put my head down to hide my laugh.

"What's so funny?" Damian asked me.

"You," I answered as I signed to Adonia to slow her hand movements down so Damian could join the conversation.

"Da-dad you aren't missing much. She's just asking him to model for her clothing line," Dominic said, calling Damian dad for the second time this evening.

Damian had a big smile on his face, hearing Dominic call him dad.

"Dame if you smile any bigger, your face is going to split open," Bianca told him.

"It would be worth it," Damian said, before focusing on Adonia. "Now tell me more about this clothing line," Damian signed to Adonia.

Adonia clapped her hands and got up from the table to go get her sketchbook from her bag.

Adonia wasn't into sports like her little brothers instead she fell in love with fashion. Thank God, she did because there was no way I would be able to handle her doing anything physical. But yeah, Adonia started her clothing line, DOHN two years ago. It was one of her several business ventures.

It was widely successful but she wanted to take it to the next level so she was adding streetwear to reach a wider range of customers.

Adonia comes back to the table and places her sketchbook between Damian and Adonis on the table so they can look through it. Damian opens the sketchbook and is immediately impressed with Adonia's designs.

"These are good," Adonis said.

"She's been working on those designs for months," I told them.

"You are talented, Adonia," Damian signs to Adonia.

"Thank you," Adonia signs back.

Bianca looked at me and smiled.

"I hate to be this person but miss ma'am when are you going to restock Savage skin?" Bianca asked me.

I chuckled.

"Soon, I'm working on it," I answered.

"You know you take all of Bianca's money and mine too with all those products, I swear she wears everything you make from head to toe," Adonis said.

I nod but don't say anything to him.

"Thank you for the support, Bianca," I told him.

Adonis frowns.

"So, you're just going to ignore me?" Adonis asked me.

I finish my dinner and pick up my plate to take it to the kitchen.

"She's so stubborn," Adonis muttered.

"And so are you," Bianca told him.

Adonis kissed his teeth.

Damian put a hand on his shoulder.

"I'll talk to her," Damian told him before piling everyone's plates on his and carrying them to the kitchen.

I started washing the dishes that were in the sink as Damian placed the plates on the counter next to the sink.

"You gotta forgive him, Thea," Damian said.

I rolled my eyes.

"I forgave him a long time ago but he can't act like it's my fault that he and I don't have a relationship anymore," I said.

Damian shook his head.

"He just feels bad, you know that right," He said.

I sighed.

"I know," I said.