72

In fact, describing himself as a beggar wasn't even low enough when being compared to Lisa...

No, he couldn't accept it...

How could Jennie marry Lisa?

The Jennie that he didn't want, how could she marry the most mysterious and powerful man in the entertainment industry?

This couldn't be true, he must be dreaming.

After soothing Jennie, Lisa finally lifted his head to look at Kai. His cold piercing eyes were like that of an eagle looking at its prey. His sexy plump lips moved slightly, "It seems Mr. Kim isn't used to the food here..."

His deep and mellow voice was enough to make anyone's heart shudder...

Kai felt a shiver down his spine as he swallowed nervously. After hearing Lisa's icy cold words, he fell out of his chair and landed on the floor; his embarrassing reaction made it hard for the waitstaff to hold back their laughter.

"You..you guys enjoy your meal, I'm going to leave first..." Kai wanted to get up off the floor, but...

"You want to go?" Lisa lifted his gaze nonchalantly as he continued, "Where do you want to go?"

Hearing Lisa's voice, the waitstaff near the exit immediately blocked the doorway. It was obvious, from the moment Kai stepped foot in the restaurant, he wasn't going to leave that easily.

"Didn't Mr. Kim want to see me? We haven't even spoken much and you already want to leave?" Lisa gently cut the steak in front of him as he took one glance at Kai. After cutting the steak, he thoughtfully placed it in front of Jennie.

Kai remained seated on the floor as he trembled; there was no way he could reject Lisa.

"I...I can step out to clear Jennie's name...to make it clear that she didn't climb into anyone's bed," Kai thought this was what Lisa wanted and was the reason he had decided to see him.

However, Lisa smiled slightly, "Did you think Jennie needs your help?" Lisa stopped cutting and looked at Kai, "She hasn't needed you for a long time..."

"With me around, you are nothing."

Kai was frightened; he suddenly realized he had no idea what Lisa's purpose was for seeing him. If it wasn't because he wanted him to clear Jennie's name, then what could it be?

Did he simply want to...humiliate him?

Or perhaps, did Lisa want to see him being completely defeated and helpless?

"President Manoban...in that case...what do you plan to do with me?" Kai was too nervous; Lisa simply wanted to question him, but Kai somehow felt a sense of danger from his words. He felt his pride had been completely trampled on by Lisa.

"Regarding that, you will need to ask my wife..." Lisa turned his head and handed the reigns to Jennie. His tone of voice was caring and gentle - completely different to when he spoke to Kai.

Kai suddenly understood Lisa's intention: he was seeking revenge for Jennie!

Kai lifted his head and looked at Jennie, the woman that appeared to be unaffected by the world had secretly married the Big Boss of the entertainment industry. His heart was cold as he sneered; he felt all men were the same: A man with an identity and status like Lisa, could have anyone he wants by his side, how long do you think he would want you?

Jennie could see through the mockery in Kai's eyes, but she didn't care.

"Jennie, you've already turned me into a joke, what else do you want? Just tell me directly. I never expected you were so scheming..."