Wasteland ⭈

You had a problem with weddings, not the wedding itself but the parties after the ceremony. There were too many people, regardless of whether you knew them or not, you just didn't know how to interact with too many people. You and Natasha used to escape from parties, to avoid people. You always sneaked a bottle of champagne and went to a private place to avoid anyone. Today was different, you couldn't run away and Natasha couldn't even go with you, since it was her wedding with Banner. As happy as you were for your best friend, you still didn't know how to act at these parties.

You were at one of the tables, watching Pepper with Morgan dancing while Tony tried to keep up with them.

"You could look a little happy for me." You heard Natasha say approaching, you then pulled up a chair for her to sit next to you.

"I am, you know I am." You smiled at her, nudging her shoulder. "You and Banner are perfect, everything is perfect."

"I know, I'm just disturbing you." Natasha said taking the glass from his hand and taking a sip of her drink. "Geez, what the fuck Y/N, aren't you going to have any real drinks?"

"That's because you only know how to drink fancy stuff. " You said and laughed as Natasha took another sip of her drink, making a face.

Your laughter died down as across the room you spotted a face you knew well. She looked beautiful in a blue dress that glistened on her skin. It had been a long time since you had seen her. Natasha noticed your brief discomfort and followed your gaze. It was Wanda.

"I owe her a lot, and well, she's one of my best friends..." Natasha said low so that only you could hear.

"I know, I don't care." You said looking away, and taking the glass from Natasha's hand to take the rest of your drink. "It's just that it's been a long time."

Before Natasha could continue the conversation, Fury called her for a dance, Natasha just accepted and gave you an apologetic smile. You smiled sincerely at your friend, deciding to get up and go to the bar.

This was the happy ending the heroes needed. Tony and his Family; Clint and his Family; Banner in his human form marrying Natasha; Steve deciding to stay with Peggy in the past; Sam and Bucky doing Tequila shots, while Carol filmed, since she couldn't accompany them as she was still recovering from the snap; Dr. Strange who was having a chat. with Shuri and T'challa; Scott and Hope were dancing together, laughing at Thor and Quill who were competing in off-beat steps; the rest of the Guardians were entertaining Valkyrie stories, and Peter seemed to have a black hole in his stomach as he couldn't stop eating.

You and Wanda lost the most. She lost the Vision. And you...

"Y/N?" Wanda's voice woke you from your thoughts, causing you to turn to her. "Hi." She smiled shyly, her hand outstretched waiting for you to take it.

You looked at her hand and laughed. Wanda was confused until she felt you pull her into a hug, making her relax.

"Hi Wan." You whispered close to her ear, caressing her back. "It's been a long time." Wanda pulled away a little, to look you in the eyes, she noticed some changes in you. Marks under your skin caused by the sun and perhaps also by time. She smiled embarrassed as she noticed that she stared at you for a long time. "Would you like to dance?" You asked as you noticed that her cheeks were pink.

With a nod from her, you led her out onto the dance floor. A song familiar to both of you filled the room, causing you to laugh witlessly. You wrapped your arms around her waist and she wrapped her arms around your neck.

DRY, WATER'S RUNNING OUT

BUT WE'RE NOT CHANGING SPEED

FROM RICH COOL GRASS TO POORER SAND

BLOCKING WHAT WE NEED

"I have heard, that you are going to teach at the Xavier institute." Wanda said to you, just for you to hear. You just nodded your head in agreement. "I'm glad you're starting your own life."

You pulled your face away a little, to look into her eyes. You saw sincerity, and a bit of regret. You brought your hand up to her face, pushing away a lock of hair that was preventing you from looking at her.

IT'S BEEN

A LONG TIME SINCE I TRULY SAW YOUR FACE

WE SET THE WRONG COURSE AND WE'RE OUT OF PLACE

JUST LOOK AT THE STATE WE'RE IN

WE GOTTA DO THIS TOGETHER

"I haven't accepted yet, I left the offer open with Xavier, I need some time." You said sincerely, looking into Wanda's eyes as you involuntarily caressed her face. "What about you? What do you intend to do?" You didn't want to touch on the touchy subject that was Vision's death, nor how you two had drifted apart.

"I think I'll go somewhere quiet, to rest." She said keeping your gaze on hers, and leaning into your touch.

STEP RIGHT OFF

COME WITH ME
WHILE WE STILL GOT A CHANCE TO LEAVE

THIS STORM IS GETTING WILDER AS WE SPEAK

WE CAN SAVE OURSELVES

BEFORE WE ARE FOREVER LOST IN A WASTELAND

Wanda walked away from you, taking your hand and leading you off the dance floor. She walked away until she stopped in front of a nearby lake. Her gaze was on the lake as she held your hand.

"I saw you, during the..." She felt her voice falter and tears form in her eyes. "I think what I felt for Vis, was something for the gem..." She took a deep breath, as she felt you caress her hand. "I walked away from you, because I was confused, confused about my own feelings." With your power, you could hear Wanda's heartbeat quickening faster than normal.

HEARTS, RUNNING OUT OF BEATS
WE'RE NOT CHANGING SPEED
OF US, THERE'S ONLY MINUTES LEFT

IF WE CAN'T STOP THE BLEED

She turned to you, trying to hold back the tears that had begun to fall down her face. You brought your hands up to her face, wiping the tears away, and caressing the redhead's cheeks in front of you. Wanda held your arms caressing them and closed her eyes to take courage.

"I love..."

"Come with me? Let's make a fresh start?" You whispered, looking into Wanda's eyes.

THIS STORM IS GETTING WILDER
STORM IS GETTING WILDER
COME WITH ME
WE STILL GOT A CHANCE TO LEAVE

"When?" She asked whispering in the same tone as you.

"Now."

You brought your face closer to hers, giving her a chance to pull away if she wanted to, but she didn't. She moved her face closer to yours to capture your lips in a calm and passionate kiss. Her hands went to your waist to hold you desperately close, while your hands remained on her face and continued to caress her. When the air ran out for both of you, you broke the kiss and let your forehead rest against hers.

"I love you too Wan."