chapter 2

It was Saturday, and I was walking down the street, and I saw Lucas with a man and woman that looked like his parents. They looked like they were yelling at each other and Lucas was trying to calm them down.  

“YOU NEVER LOVED ME OR YOUR SON TO BEGIN WITH COLIN!” I heard the woman yelled.

“I NEVER LOVED YOU! WHERE WERE YOU WHEN LUCAS WAS IN THE HOSPITAL FOR MORE THAN A YEAR? HUH! YOU WERE OUT GETTING DRUNK” he yelled back.

“Mom dad stop please…”I hear him cry.

“IM DONE WITH YOU AND THIS FAMILY GOOD BYE!” His father yelled and turned away and left.

  As his father walked away from him and his mother, I look at Lucas and felt bad. He needs someone to help him through this, so right then and there I decided; I will help him through this, I mean I’ve never had a boyfriend but I can try to be a good girlfriend. “Hey Alix how are you” Lucas yelled over as his mother went after his father. “Hey Lucas” I said walking over to him. I grabbed his hand and whispered “I’ll be your girlfriend on one condition.” He looked at me and asked “and what is that?”  

“You have to respect me and what I want, got it?” I said.

“Ok, cutie I accept that” he winked. I looked across the street and saw Alex looking at us with his mouth wide open, next to him was Wyatt and a girl. They looked at each other and looked back at me and Lucas, then they walked away into a store.

  On Sunday I decided to go to the park and work one my picture. I was drawing the atmosphere of the park. It was a little abandoned, not many children come here, it’s mostly teens. It’s been like this ever since the new park was made. It had swings, better slides, a soccer, football, basketball, and baseball area; and the playground was much better. I started to remember when my brother would always take me there one the weekends, it was so much fun. He taught me how to play, basketball, soccer and basketball. I was really good at it. But on weekdays he would bring me here and teach me art, Spanish,  math, English and sign language. We went to this park on the weekdays because it was closer to our house, the other park was pretty far; don’t get me wrong I loved that park, but it was alway full of other children, some older some younger. I never really liked it.

  “Alix, you okay?” My brother said.

“Hey big bro” I smiled “I’m okay I was just think about something.”

“Okay, can I see your latest picture?” He asked.

“Yes of course you can!” I replied. I wouldn’t let anyone see my art before my brother, because I trust what my brother says more than what other people say, even my art teacher doesn’t get to see my art work before my brother.

“It’s looking good” he pointed out something’s that could be worked on, and I fixed them. After that I put my art stuff on the ground and me and my brother talked and played around. I saw Tyler, Wyatt, Max, and Alex playing around. “So are those your friends?” My brother asked. “Yes they are and I’m glad they are” I answered running up behind Max. I jumped on his back and freaked out.

“Hey Alix, I heard you were with my older brother Lucas yesterday” he smiled.

“Yea I was, but I didn’t know he was your brother” I questioned.

“He’s my step-brother” he explained “his mom married my dad a few years ago, but they been fighting a lot” he sighed.

“Oh, I’m sorry” I sighed.

“It’s ok, don’t worry” he smiled. Then he flipped me on my back and looked down at me. “So your dating him now?” He asked. “Well yeah, but only till I feel like I fixed all his broken parts” I explained. He shook his hand and started tickling me. “I’m gonna head home sis have fun” he said. “Bye Aaron see you at home” I managed to say through my laughs. Max continued to tickle me, but I managed to get free from him tickling me. I looked at the time “gotta go Max, bye” I said and grabbed my art stuff and left.