chapter 9

“Good morning Alix” Zeno said waking me up.
“Good Morin” I mumbled. He handed me some food, and I ate it. I looked at my phone and texted Lucas, he hasn’t talked to me at all since I got that letter. I’ve seen he got back with Julie, they seem to be happy together. I have to admit I was kind of heart broken, he moved on so quickly it hurt. I started to cry.
“Hey what’s wrong” Zeno said
“Nothin I’m fine” I said whipping my tears.
“Something has to be wrong your crying” he said pulling me into a hug.
“It’s just he moved on so quickly it hurts” I said hugging him back.
“It’ll be okay, I can beat him up if you want” he said smiling, I laughed and said no. My brother came home after being gone for about 5 months. I ran up to him and hugged him. My legs hurt a little bit, but not too much. Zeno packed up his things and my brother payed him for watching me then he left.
“So you do have a twin. She is alive and healthy, healthier than you” my brother told me “and I have something else to tell you..”
“What is it Aaron?” I said eagerly.

Aaron’s POV (back before Alix was born)
I wasn’t popular in school, I wasn’t favored by the teachers, I was just there. I had a lot of friends. Everything was perfect. I was very smart so I got to skip a few grade. I was 9 years old and in 7th grade. I was the youngest in my class, or so I thought. There was another girl, one year older than me and she was as smart as me. Her name was Violet. We were as close as close can be. She was my best friend. We were insuperable, and most people thought we were dating.

“Aaron you are going to be a big brother” my mother told me. I was the happiest person ever. I would have a brother or sister. I wanted a sister more than a brother.
“Your going to have to protect her” my father said. Then 8 months later, on my 10 birthday she was born.
“So what do you want to name her?” My mom asked me
“Alix, but it’s spelled A-L-I-X” I said.
“Pretty unique, I love it” my mom said with a smile. My dad laughed and that was we named her. Violet loved my little sister too. We all would play together and have fun. Violet and I would teach my little sister things and Violet taught Alix and I how to draw. I’ve never been happier. But I still couldn’t help but wonder, who was the other little girl that looked just like Alix. It was stuck in my head for days, then weeks, then months. Then I finally forgot about it.
  The day my parents died was on my 17th birthday. What a day. My little sister blamed herself for everything after that. Violet and I stopped talking, and she moved to Scotland. Alix blamed herself for that too. Violet and I were dating a year before my parents died, but when they died I broke up with her. I didn’t go back to school, instead I focused on teaching my sister and taking care of her. I made sure she was happy. It was my top priority. Then I met her. She became the girl I fell for. I loved her. She was nice, kind and loving. Her name was Bella
“Hi” I said walking up to her.
“Hey” she said putting some hair behind her ear “I’m Bella and you are?”
“I’m Aaron” I answered. We talked every time me and my sister went to the park. Then Bella and I started dating. She came over to my house at least 3 times a week and would stay the night. My sister would always complain about her. She would say mean things about her, but I was so in love I didn’t believe my sister one bit. Then one day I saw what Bella was making my sister do. I sat and watched what happened.
“Do my homework Alix!” Bella yelled.
“Okay, stop yelling” Alix cried
“CLEAN UP THAT MESS” Bella yelled at her louder.
“BELLA WHAT ARE DOING TO HER!” I yelled at her while picking my sister up
“Aaron, she-“ Bella was saying before I stopped her
“No we are over now get out”  I said “and don’t come back!” I looked at my sister and she was crying. I pulled her into a hug and I kept apologizing, I couldn’t stop.
“It’s okay buddy” she cried “it’ll be ok.”
“For now on until you are older it will be just you and me.” I told her.
“How much older brother” she asked
“Until your 20, princess” I said smiling.