Secrets

TW: TRANSPHOBIA

Lunch was going to start soon, and that thought sent me into a panic. Cameron was expecting me to sit with his group, and Sapnap was expecting me to sit with his group. I thought about sitting with Sam's, but then they would both see. Sapnap would be sad, and Cameron would probably be angry, probably.

As the sound of the bell went, the pit in my stomach grew. I slowly stood up from my chair and packed my things away into my bag. The students all left the class, and I followed in suit, following the crowd.

I went to my locker to shove my stuff into it. A vending machine stood not too far. I had quite a bit of money hidden in my pocket, so maybe I could just buy a couple of things from the machine and hide. I could eat alone and come up with an excuse for both of the boys.

I watched as people piled into the canteen and let out a sigh. It was time to decide now. Like, right now. I went over to the machine and stuck money into it, pushing the buttons for what I wanted. It took me a while to get a couple of things, but I got them and went to find a hiding place.

The bathroom? No, there would be people smoking or vaping in there, so it would be awkward. A classroom? No, teachers or a class would be using it. There was a part of the school abandoned. No one really went there anymore. That would be a good place.

I made my way through the halls, heading to the place. It didn't take that long, I think, I lost track of time. The lights didn't work, bare one, and that was flickering. The walls were falling apart, and the lockers had become darker in colour. I slid down a wall to sit on the floor and ripped open a chocolate bar. The wall had names in marker written on it. Most names I didn't recognise, but I knew one.

Fundy was here 🦊

He had even put a little fox beside it, aww. I took a bit of the chocolate and pulled out my phone. I had a few new messages.

1 new message from Cameron
1 new message from Sapnap

Cameron - 1:09

Where are you??

Sapnap - 1:10

Are you coming??

I let out a sigh. These were sent a while ago, and it must have been when I was wandering the school. I hate this day. If I had said nothing to Cameron this morning, I wouldn't feel bad, but no, I had to open my big mouth. I hate this, so god damn much. I closed my eyes and let the silence and loneliness of the hall wash over me.

"Ehem." The voice startled me, and I jumped from my seat to see Fundy standing staring at me. "Before you ask, I was sent to find you, like 3 minutes ago." He said. He didn't look all that pleased to see me.

"Didn't take you that long to find me." I muttered, setting back against the wall. I looked at Fundy to see him blushing. He let out a stutter and went to talk, but I cut him off. "You sure you came here to find me, or did you come here to hide?" I asked him.

Fundy opened his mouth as if to say no but closed it again before sighing. "Yeah." He grumbled. "But you took my spot, so I guess I'll go tell Cameron where you are. Or you can come back with me." Suck up.

"Or," I started. "You can stay here with me and try to have a civil conversation with me." I posed. Fundy had his hands behind his back, hiding something from view. What would it be? A gun? Fundy doesn't seem like the type. Fundy didn't seem to like this choice and rolled his eyes.

"Yeah, no. I'm going to have to decline for that one." Okay, seriously, what is his problem? I've done nothing to him, and yet he seems to hate me. What did I do exactly? I should say that to him. Fundy turned away from me and began to walk away from me.