Chapter 10- A Family Curse

Dean chewed on his nails while recalling the instructions Void gave Stiles.

"It's too risky," Dean said, shaking his head.

"Dean..."

"No, no, Stiles," Dean said, pointing at him, "One wrong move and you're dead! We can't risk losing you again, alright."

"We don't have a choice," Stiles said, "We can't leave these people to fend for themselves. They wouldn't survive. So we need to close the doors. But I have to contact the Guardian in me to do so. There's no other way around this."

"So we have to sacrifice ourselves yet again for this bullshit," Dean asked, "When is it our turn to sit back and let someone else save this fucking universe?! When is it our time to relax and be happy!? Stiles, you have fucking sons... TWO SONS! Two beautiful boys. They need their father. They need you both."

Stiles let him vent his feelings, knowing he needed to let it out.

"I'm tired of going out to war and not knowing if one of us won't make it back," Dean said, tear pooling in his eyes, "The last time I lost you, Stiles, I went to every fucking crossroad nearby. I tried everything to get you back. I cried for you! Because it's my fault you're stuck dealing with this shit!"

"Dean..."

"And now there's a chance that once again I'm going to have to fucking bury, my brother," Dean said, shaking his head, "My baby brother. I can't do that again. I can't... I..."

Sam stepped forward and hugged him. Stiles also hugged him.

"Dean, look at me," Stiles said, "It isn't your fault. I'm a Winchester. Tragedy runs through my blood. You couldn't have done anything about that. I'm glad for everything you do for me. You came back for me. I couldn't be more proud. But this is us. We protect others. We fight for our family. Saving people, hunting things..."

"The family business," Dean and Sam finished in unison.

"This is who we are," Stiles said, "If there's a way my sons can live on with or without me then I'm going to give them that chance. Because someone has to save this universe."

Dean sniffled and looked away.

"Do you trust me," Stiles asked softly.

Dean turned back to him and nodded.

"Then help me," Stiles said, "Help me save this universe one last time."

"Okay..."

Stiles pulled him back into a hug.

"Dean?"

Dean inhaled sharply as he recognized the gruff voice saying his name. He turned to see Castiel looking at him concerned.

"I may have also called for a bit of backup," Stiles smiled, "Hope you don't mind."

"Cas, I thought you were busy," Dean said.

"I was working in heaven. Helping Gabriel settle disputes between the angels but after receiving Stiles's message," Castiel said, "I wish you would've told me."

"You were busy," Dean repeated.

Castiel stepped closer and pulled him into a kiss, making Sam and Stiles taunt them.

"I'm never too busy for you," Castiel said, resting his forehead against Dean's, "Don't ever think you're bothering me when you call me."

"It's damn good to see you again," Dean smiled.

"How soon do you need him back," Castiel asked.

"Sometime tomorrow," Stiles said.

Castiel took Dean away from the others and into a private room.

AUTHOR NOTE: There will be smut on the next chapter.