Aoi and paimon.

(TW: blood, unintended SH)

I WOKE up to the humid smell of the forest. A vivid dream, perhaps? My hands went to pull a blanket but all i was met with was dirt.

My eyes fluttered open, and I saw that I truly was in a forest. I stared up at the overhead tree branches that the sunlight sneaked its way past. I heard a boy's laugh, a sound I don't think my dreams could replicate.

This was real. It felt real.

"You're finally awake seeker!" A light blue haired boy floated above me.

Wait...

FLOATED?

I quickly sat up, causing our two heads to bump together. The icy-haired boy rubbed his head while grumbling about being hit. I took this time to examine his features— he reminded me of someone.. but i just couldn't put my finger on it.

"Paimon thinks aoi took them went this way!!"

Paimon? Did I wake up at a cosplay convention or something? Just then, a familiar blonde with braided hair stepped out of the forest into the small clearing with a familiar-looking emergency snack.

"No way... you guys look so real..!" I muttered, i was now realizing that the blue haired person must be someone just cosplaying their OC.

"Um... traveler? Paimon thinks your travel buddy has gone crazy." Paimon said in low voice.

"Did you hit your head?" The blonde asked.

"Uhm... i don't know? Maybe.." i was a bit thrown off with their commitment to larp, but to each ones own i guess! I realized i needed to ask what convention we were even at right now..

" Where are we right now?..." i asked hoping they'd snap out of character for a minute just to tell me what convention i just randomly woke up at.

"We're in teyvat— though right now we're in the Whispering Woods in Starfell Valley..." he said. He held a puzzled expression, almost as if that was elementary knowledge.

"So... we're in Mondstadt..?" I asked, i was starting to believe the aether look alike. If we're being honest, I'm stupid for thinking a cosplayer could float.

"Duh silly!- where else would we be?" The white haired floating guide giggled, floating to the other side of me.

"Wanderer you don't have anesthesia right?!" Paimon shouted, her small hands going to my forehead.

"Paimon, that's amnesia, not anesthesia." Aether said. For a moment, i laughed. This couldn't be real— this had to all be a dream!

I mean, come on, this kind of gag is only used by shitty fanfic writers and my brain after not getting nearly enough sleep. I pinched my skin, my eyes widened slightly as i felt it.

I pinched so hard, a trickle of blood came down my arm— the blond looked down at me and frowned-

"Don't hurt yourself!" He said, his voice calm, yet stern. He kneeled down and lifted my hand.

"Jeez seeker, you're acting crazier than paimon." Aether laughed softly— but then he frowned again when the laughter died down.

"We should start heading back to town— Barbara could probably heal you." Aether suggested.

In this moment— i though— how hilariously crazy would it be if this was some reverse harem isekai? I laughed, out loud. A nervous giggle if you will;

"...yeah.. we should."

(Lemme know if yall want more tbh.. bc this has been in the drafts for a while)