Mehndi/Haldi

Early update!!!!

Okay so it's my mehndi(henna) today, we're in the palace, as everything will be conducted here, from mehndi to wedding.
I am wearing a green lehenga with sleeveless blouse, and just big earrings, the mehndi artist were applying mehndi on my both hands, I've been sitting here for 4 hours, I am so done, my back aches, I am hungry and everywhere I look, people were enjoying, my family, his family were celebrating together like they got the biggest deal of their lives, maybe they did. The palace was decorated like there's some festival going on. 'Oh god! Where's bhabhi, I can't sit here even a minute more if I don't get to eat anything.' I was talking to myself now, good!

' I was talking to myself now, good!

Mehndi outfit -

Bhabhi is a life saviour, I was on the verge of death, if she didn't come on time with food. I would've died at this young age. Poor me!!!

But she came and now I am full. I just have to wait for the last touch-up in my mehndi and then it's all done, finallyyyy.

I was going back to the room, where I was staying, alone- yes, because bhabhi was feeding kids with bhai and mumma papa were so busy to even look at me.

"Oww,, sorry sorry, I didn't see you co-"
"It's okay pranali, I am fine." Meera bhabhi said to me. I wasn't looking where I was going, my focus was on the mehndi on my right hand where the artist wrote his name. Seriously, there was no need for that, and I didn't even tell them anything.

"Umm, bhabhi can you please show me the way to my room, it's just my second time in this palace and I don't think I'll be able to find it anytime soon." I asked bhabhi for help, because I was really tired, I seriously need a nap.

"Sure, why not. Come with me." She said and then we talked a little on the way, I thanked her and closed the door of my room , played some soft music and went to my very much needed sleep.

×××××××××××××××××  ×××××××××××××××××

Just one day to go, tomorrow is my wedding, I am missing my friends, I didn't even tell them about all this. I changed my college like this, so suddenly, they were really worried about me, but then I told them about some non existing problems in my family, I fucking lied to them, I am the worst friend, they were ready to do everything to not let me go, but then eventually they agreed. I wish they were here.

It is also my Haldi today, if only this was my real marriage, like the one I wanted to happen, it would've been totally different, my friends would've been here, I might have really enjoyed it. But that's not the case, and I've had enough this- pitying myself. I don't want to cry over this, not anymore.

I've decided not to let anything get over me. So here I was sitting with everyone, they were applying haldi on my face, hands and legs. I was wearing a white and yellow long skirt and full sleeves blouse, with mangtikka and earrings.

Haldi outfit -

Haldi outfit -

"Okay now everyone has applied haldi on her, not it's Abhimanyu's turn. Beta you know there's this ritual in our family that the groom will apply his bride Haldi at the last, and will take off that jwellery that we gave to her. And next day, on the mandap, he'll give her some gift in exchange for that." Rani Ma Sa told me. They really have a lot of rituals.

But the thing is he can't see my face, the bride and groom cannot see each other before the wedding. I just want to end it as soon as possible. I was getting impatient sitting here doing nothing. I seriously can't sit at the same place for a very long time. These two days are going to be the rarest days of my life.

Mumma came towards me to put the a veil on my head to cover my face,"mumma don't please, the haldi is already too much on my face, I can't breathe if you put this on me." I said to mumma totally exhausted.

"But kiddo you both can't see each other's faces before tomorrow. Just do it for me beta." Mumma gave me puppy, I can never say no to her and she knows that. She's so clever.

"But he can close his eyes, and I promise I won't look at him." I said to mumma as a last try. She just gave me side eyes and I sighed defeatedly.

Mumma covered my face and I really couldn't see anything. But then mumma called for him. And I felt him kneeling down in front of me.

"You need to leave your veil, I can't apply haldi on your face like that." He said softly as if it was only to be heard by me. And then only I realised how tight my hold was on my veil. I immediately put my hands on my lap.

Then suddenly I felt him touching my face, he applied haldi so gently as if I was made of glass he was scared to break. And I felt that touch all over my body, the hair on neck stand and when he put his hands back, then I realised that I was holding my breath.

What the hell, that was the first time I felt something like this. I told myself that I was just feeling cold. Yes! It's cold!

Then he applied haldi on my hands in the same gentle manner. And after that Rani Ma Sa told him to take off the bangles I was wearing,"Give me your hands Sunshine," He said ever so softly.

I put my hands in his, and felt the same jolt of electricity all over my body again. I was about to withdrew my hands, but he held them a little tight but not painfully in his hands. What the heck is this, maybe I should consult a doctor, or maybe I am just exhausted. Yes I am exhausted and need a proper sleep that's it. And I tried to stop thinking about this new feeling.

He then delicately took off my bangles and was taking off my ring now. And then Rani Ma Sa gave me a bowl of haldi and asked me apply it on him.

I couldn't see anything so I just forwarded my hand with haldi in his direction hoping they would automatically find the way to his face.

"Here, let me help you." He said and then held my hand, and helped me apply haldi on his face.

" He said and then held my hand, and helped me apply haldi on his face

Abhimanyu's haldi look.

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

Vote everyone, it really encourages me to write this story, so VOTE!!!!!