Closer than before(II)

Pranali's pov-

"No, you don't make me uncomfortable, and that's the problem.

Infact you know it already, you already know how much you affect me, and you even enjoy it. You never miss a chance to tease me and get me all flustered.

And you're not even a little bit affected by me. You -"

Abhimanyu's pov-

I didn't say anything just took her hand and put it right above my heart, that was beating wilding because I was so close to her.

She stopped talking when I did that and looked at me wide eyes.

"Sunshine, only you in this whole damn big world can make my heart go like crazy.

You think I am not affected by you at all? Hmm? But what you don't know is that how I am always trying to calm myself down before coming near you, in case you can hear my heartbeat.

But I think you should know that. You should know how much I crave being near  you. How much I love being near you. And how much happy you make me when I see that red adorning your face.

You make me want to do everything in rhe world to keep that colour on your face.

I've seen it so many times but still everytime feels like my heart will burst looking at your flushed face, knowing that I am the cause of that.

This is how much you affect me." I tried to explain her, still keeping her hand on my chest. But I am not sure she got that. Because there are no words I could use to tell her what she makes me feel.

"Abhimanyu, you're serious?"

"Yes, sunshine."

"I- I"

Now she's looking everywhere but me.

I turned her face towards me, keeping my index finger and thumb on her chin. And we were looking at each other, I started leaning down, and she didn't push me so I took it as a sign to continue.

But a sudden knock made her push me and she ran inside the bathroom.

××××××××××××××××××  ×××××××××××××××××

Pranali's pov-

I am at my parents house for 3 days, my finals are over and my post graduation is almost completed.

Today, I called my friends and ask them to meet me here in Jaipur. They agreed and now I am waiting for them. Their flight has landed half an hour ago and they will be here at any moment.

I didn't go to pick them up because I need as much time as possible to prepare myself to tell them everything.

I've decided that my friends deserve the truth. After that morning event that left my heart in haze for the rest of the day, I am sure I like being near him.

And I am sure I should give this marriage a chance and I will start that with telling my friends that I am married.

....

We all are sitting together in my room.

"I am married." I dropped the bomb.

Purab, Swarna and Nayan they all first stared at me for straight one minute and then burst out laughing.

I didn't say anything just kept my serious face on.

Once they sobered from their laugh. They realised I wasn't joking.

"You're not serious, right pranali?" Swarna asked.

"I am." I said, nodding.

"Oh shut up. If this is a prank I really don't like it." Purab said.

"Pranali, tell us everything." Nayan said lastly.

I told them everything that happened form the meeting in Hawa Mahal to my marriage. Everything.

"Yoy got to be kidding me, you got married and you didn't even find it important to tell us." Swarna said angrily.

I knew it. I knew they'll be so angry at me.

Both Nayan and Purab were looking at me disappointedly.

And I couldn't handle it anymore and started crying.

"I swear to God I really wanted to tell you guys, but my emotions were all over the place that time. And till last day I was trying to get out of it so I didn't say anything.

I know whatever I say will definitely sound like an excuse but trust me, I didn't enjoy any of those wedding functions. I was not happy with all of that too." I said crying.

Swarna came to me and held my hand, " Pranali you really don't know us even after so many years of being together. You think we would ever be angry because you enjoyed your wedding or we would be happy knowing you didn't enjoy at all."

"Nooo, no, I didn't mean it that way, Swarna. God I am making everything worse. I love you guys and I am really very sorry for hiding everything but trust me I wasn't myself at that time." I told them.

We talked and talked a lot after that. They said they understand but I know they are hurt. But they are trying to not show it because somewhere they know I wasn't at fault either.

The day passed, and now we are having our dinner. I was lost in thought when my phone rang. I saw it was Abhimanyu calling me. So I picked up the call.

"When are you coming back?"

No hi, no hello, straight to the point.

"Hello to you too Hukum Sa." I still call him Hukum Sa just to rile him up. But only when he's not in front of me.

He groaned, "Sorry, Hii sunshine, Now tell me when are you coming back home."

"I am home."

"Not there sweetheart, our home." He said.

My heart skipped a beat when he called me that.

"I am not sure." I answered him honestly.

"What do you mean by that? It's already been 3 days." He said like I don't know.

"I know, but my friends are here and I want to spend some time with them."

"Oh I didn't know you have friends here. Introduce me to-"

He didn't complete his sentence, maybe because he remembered that I haven't told anyone about our marriage.

"When are you coming here, they are staying till next week. So you can come meet them whenever you have time." I said.

"They know?"

"They do." I said smiling.

"Okay, then you should invite them home. Although I'll be coming tomorrow to meet them."

"Okay then, deal. See you tomorrow,now bye. I am busy." And I ended the call.