ᴅᴇᴀᴅ || ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ ᴛᴡᴏ

Disgusting... they think. Blood splattered all over Y/n's face, staining it with red and as the liquid evaporates mysteriously into a crimson wisp, vanishing along with the life in the demon's eye, the young escapee lowers their gun. Their head slowly tilts and looks at the man behind them. 

Right. In. His. Eyes.

"Try that again and you're dead."

A Few Days Ago...

The mechanisms turned and spiraled as the weaponry's entrance paved way for the youth in white, who was twirling a knife between their fingers. Shoving the blade in their pocket, they waved the others a short greeting. "I'm back."

Instinctively, the stunned Yuugo laid his hands on the revolver Ray returned to him just moments ago. His previous experience with the teen stuck to his mind, making him cautious of the orphan. "Just how did-?"

"We don't know." Ray shrugs. "Y/n just figures things out like that."

"Huh...."

"Try and get used to this--" Y/n gestures to themself. "-- you old man."

"WHAT DID YOU JUST CALL ME YOU LIL--"

"Oh! You musn't use such foul language!" Melodramatically, they gasp. "Think of the children!"

"I don't give a damn about the children."

"I know, and I don't care." The teen shoves their hands in their pocket and takes out a handgun. Twirling it a little, they cocked the weapon up and took aim.

Blood rushed to his head, and he panicked. He grabbed the plate beside him and threw it at them.

"Bang."

What's a gun without a bullet?

Nothing.

Fear me. MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

A Few Days Later.

"Anna will be in charge of collecting herbs and medicine. Don and Nat, you will lead hunting and food storage." While recapping on each individual's duty, Y/n searched for their notebook on their backpack. "Gilda, you will be in charge."

"Me?!" She gasped.

"Yes, you." Y/n shrugged. "You're the most mature and the most responsible out of everyone, so who else but you?"

"I... uhm" Gilda turned to everyone, seeing if there were any objections.

"What about me??"

Y/n was about to give a sassy retort, as per usual, but thought it'd be best not to.

Sighing, they speak. "Your strength in terms of leadership is truly. But the thing is, it is better on-field. In the outside world. That's why I assigned you to lead in hunting. Because you have the wits, skills and persistence for it."

"O-oh!" Don rubbed his nose, chest rising at the praise.

"Gilda's abilities, on the other hand, are the best for the situation because she knows how to manage everyone here responsibly."

Gilda rubbed the nape of her neck shyly.

"Now that that's settled." Y/n hands Anna a notebook. "Take this. It's a notebook with much more efficient and updated techniques for first aid. Most of our books came from before 2015, and these are from the year 2021. It's not much, but it will definitely help later on."