Breach

Parker was immediately awoken by a gunshot. He sat up in bed and looked over at Alice, who too was awoken by the sudden noise. Soon, the gunshot was followed by another, and another, then sirens started to blare, and Parker could hear troops yelling to each other. Lizzy stirred and sat up. "What's happening?" She asked, her voice tainted in fear. Batsa paced the roomed, fumbling with his long, curve blades knife. "I don't know, but I'm going to find out." Basta said, as he walked up to the steel door. He pounded with all his might. "What do you need?" One of the guards asked. "What's happening out there!?" Basta asked. "There's minor breach, everything should be okay." He yelled back. "Ahh!!!" A scream echoed through the cold night air. "Sir!? Sir!?" Batsa yelled. He turned to the young trio. "I think he's gone." He shook his head. "Well, what do we do now?" Liz asked. Batsa turned to look at the steel barrier. "I need a thin piece of metal." He said, examining the door frame. "For what?" Parker asked. "I'm going to take the door off it's hinges." He turned and grinned at him. Parker searched around but couldn't find anything, but just then he remembered. "Here." Parker said, handing his knife to Batsa. "This should work." He said, as he slipped the blade of the knife into the hinge. "Uuuhhrrgggg!" Batsa strained as he tried in vein to free the door. "I need help." He said. Parker and Alice bolted over. "One of you hold the door. I need the other one to help me pull." Batsa instructed. "I'll help him pull." Alice said, crouching down. Parker pushed against the door. Alice and Batsa pulled before the bolt finally came free. "Whew, okay one more Alice." Batsa said, wiping his brow. "Alright, let's do it." Alice said, through faint breaths. Parker held the door, as Batsa and Alice forced the bolt from the hinge. "What do I do?" Liz asked. "You can help your brother hold the door." Alice suggested. Lizzy shot over, eager to help. Batsa and Alice strained with all their might as the bolt slowly slipped from the hinge. "Okay, here it comes, Parker." Batsa said just as the bolt popped. Parker could feel the immense weight of the thick steel door shift to him. Batsa braced himself against the door. "Liz, Alice, go to the opposite side of the room!" Basta yelled. They did as he asked. "Okay, Parker, we're going to drop it, you ready?" Basta looked over at him. Parker nodded. "Okay, three, two, one, now!" Parker jumped away, as the heavy door smashed onto the concrete floor. Batsa handed Parker his knife. "Stay close to me." Batsa ordered. The young trio huddled close by Batsa, as he led them out of the quarantine building.

    Gunfire could still be heard as they crept through the outpost. "The armory is over there, let's get some better weapons." Batsa suggested. The four of them sprinted to the armory. Batsa opened the door and raised his gun as they walked inside. "ARs, over there." Batsa said, pointing to the far right wall. Parker and Alice each grabbed an AR-15 and some magazines, before loading their weapons. "What do I get?" Lizzy asked. "This, kiddo." Alice said, reaching into her pocket and retrieving her pocket knife, and handing it to Liz. "Woah, cool." She said, flipping the blade out. As the four of them left the armory, an infected lunged out of a nearby bush. Without hesitation, Batsa shot it square in the face with his AR. Just then, a hoard of infected faded out of the tree line, and began sprinting at them. "Run!" Batsa yelled at them. "What about you?" Parker asked. "I'll catch up with you. Just stay on the road!" He ordered. "Go!" He shouted a second time. Parker picked up Liz before charging down the dirt road with Alice at his side...