-SEVENTY EIGHT-

"You know, don't you?"

"Ari." I hit my head against the seat. Fuck.

"To her credit, she's willing to do anything for you. All I had to do was tell her the truth and she realized what you cannot. You're not safe. She was starting to withhold information, so I reminded her who she worked for. So sad her love had to die because she got cold feet."

This was my fault. How could I trust her? Hyunbin had always told me humans were liars by nature, that friends were foes in disguise and to never make it personal.

How dare she?

"You're hurt."

"No, I'm enraged and looking forward to putting a slug through her ungrateful little heart." Leaning back, I knew I wouldn't be able to relax, but my body couldn't take any more right now. All I could do was close my eyes and plan. Nothing she said had changed how I felt about her. The moment this plane landed, I would have to act. Fast.

Y/N'S POV

"Five days ago, my wife Kim Y/N was kidnapped only hours after giving birth to our son. I want her back. My son and I need her. My family and I are offering one hundred million dollars for her safe return. Y/N, if you're watching, I'm not giving up. I won't ever give up until I have you back. Our son and I miss you and love you so much..."

"I think that's enough for now." Shin-hye's voice grated on every nerve in my body.

My hatred for her continued to fester each moment spent in her presence. She turned off the television, and rushed from the kitchen to place a plate in front of me. "Giant meatballs and spaghetti. Your favorite, right?"

I just stared at her, doing nothing to hide my hatred and disgust for the woman who gave birth to me.

"A hundred million? You should be insulted." She took a seat at the other end of the luxurious dining room table before spreading her napkin and dropping it on her lap. She had chained me to every fucking chair until we reached this place, which, from what I could tell, was on the edge of a beach. Then, I was upgraded to a wheelchair. The last two days had been more of the same rhetoric about how she was trying to save me, how she only did this to protect me.

I didn't know who she was trying to convince.

All this time I thought she was some cold-hearted mastermind, always plotting, always one step ahead of us because she was just that good. But I was wrong. She was delusional; I wasn't even sure if she really understood what she was doing. Part of her still saw me as that little girl she left in the middle of the ocean, while another part of her understood I was grown.

I thought she was strong; I'd admired her tenacity and her tactics in getting what she wanted done efficiently and effectively, but the moment she spoke of her father, Ivan, she became weak. Whatever he had done to her had broken her. She was at his beck and call—his lap dog—and it disgusted me. She was no better than the low-level sycophants that worked for me.

Every day she washed and combed my hair and even dressed me, all while keeping me chained. She treated me like I was her own personal doll. The second day I tried playing nice, today I tried not speaking. There was something seriously wrong with this woman.