thirteen

Jonathan drove the car to the museum as fast as possible while Ella sat in between a nervous Daniels and Rick in the back

Jonathan drove the car to the museum as fast as possible while Ella sat in between a nervous Daniels and Rick in the back. Rick had laid his arm across the back of the seat behind her and Ella sat close next to him.

Despite the situation they were going through, something had been stuck in her head. Ella smiled as she looked up at Rick, "Rick?"

He looked down at her and raised an eyebrow, "Hmm?"

"Back in the room you said 'my girl' when Imhotep was all over me. Did you mean that?" Ella asked and his cheeks immediately brightened.

Rick looked down at her and knew a bullshit answer wouldn't do. He scratched the back of his neck and stammered, "Uh- yes. Yeah I did."

Her smile brightened and she leaned closer to his side, "Good."

Rick raised his eyebrows at her, "Good?"

"Well, yes, at least now the walking mummy knows I'm spoken for. Maybe he'll ask me out for dinner first next time." Ella teased with a wide smile.

"He better." Rick smirked before pressing a kiss to her forehead quickly.

Jonathan pulled them to a stop in front of the museum as the city began to feel more dangerous with every waking second. Henderson was killed outside Ella's door earlier and now Daniel's life was the only thing Imhotep needed to become fully generated.

Ella led the way and as she pushed open the doors they were met with the curator and Ardeth.

"He's getting stronger," Ardeth said worriedly as Ella brushed past him and hurried towards the stairs.

"According to legend, the black book found by the Americans can bring people back from the dead. Until now I could not believe it," Ella said as she hurried up the stairs to the second floor.

"Believe it. That's what brought our buddy back from the dead," Rick said as he took a few stairs at a time so he could reach her side.

Ella nodded as she reached the top and turned right towards her destination, "Yes, and my idea is that if the black book can bring people back to life then-"

"Then maybe the gold book can kill him," Rick said as he met Ella's eyes and she nodded.

"That's what I'm betting my life on. Now, we just need to figure out where the book is located," Ella said as she heard chanting from outside the museum.

They all turned and moved toward the edge of the balcony to see what the commotion was. There was a massive crowd of men chanting and Imhotep was leading them, perfect.

Jonathan sighed dramatically, "Last but not least sores and boils, my favorite."

Ella noticed the nervousness written all over her sister's face. She reached down and grabbed Evie's hand and squeezed it comfortingly, "We can figure this out. Right?"