fifteen

Ever since Beni had gotten her out of Imhotep's immediate grasp her fury was a fire that could not be extinguished

Ever since Beni had gotten her out of Imhotep's immediate grasp her fury was a fire that could not be extinguished. Her dark eyes were trained on Imhotep's back as they headed deeper into the mausoleum of Hamunaptra. They had gone down further than Ella had previously and she was paying close attention to the path they were taking so she would remember the way out. Even if Rick, Evie, and Jon were dead she wasn't going to give up. If she gave up now then their sacrifices would be for naught, and she couldn't live with that guilt even if her life was going to end today.

They continued walking until they came across a large open space. Ella let her eyes move around in wonder at the intricacies of the room, that she'd be better to able to fully appreciate if she want going to be sacrificed here.

Imhotep walked up to a large altar and set down all of the canopic jars he had collected on it. Ella gulped and chills ran up her spine at the realization that this was where she was meant to die.

BANG!

Ella jumped as a gunshot rattled the catacombs. Ella swore she could have dropped dead at the feeling of relief that filled her body. "O'Connell," She mumbled with a joyful smile on her face.

Her family was alive, those idiots were so unbelievably lucky. And Rick. Rick was alive too. He had come back to save her like he'd promised.

Imhotep noticed this and knew they were on their tail again. He grew more tense as he angrily reached into a canopic jar and pulled out the dust remains of Akita and blew them off the palm of his hand, "Shatay Wapay Ku Ra Eck!"

Ella and Beni both took a step back at his words as they all kept their eyes trained on the wall inscribed with hieroglyphics on it in front of them. Then suddenly the two drawings of men on the wall came to life and began walking toward Imhotep. Ella shuddered at the sight, "Not a single book I have ever read mentioned this."

Beni shook like a leaf next to her and moved to hide behind her. The two mummies bowed to Imhotep as Ella watched in horror at what he could do now with the dead people down here at his disposal. Imhotep raised his hand and gave the order to kill them and wake the others which made Ella's blood run cold.

Imhotep then turned to Ella and moved quickly towards her before she could escape and grabbed her aggressively by the jaw, "Alan han dawruk likhidmati." Now it is your turn to serve me.

Ella glared and spit in his face, "'Ana la 'akhdam 'aya sayid." I serve no master.

Imhotep glared down at her, his grip tightening, "Sawf tafealuha." You will.

Then he mumbled a few words and waved his hand over her forehead and her whole world turned to black.

-

Ella woke up with a groan, what the hell happened? Her whole body ached and she went to push herself up when she realized her hands were chained above her head. Ella's eyes widened as she tugged on them as hand as she could and found her feet were chained as well.