The Traitor (Special Episode)

(Third Person POV)

Yoo Junghyeok stared into the eyes of the man holding him down. He knew he was speaking to him, but he couldn't hear a word. All he felt was the weight holding him down, the pressure keeping his hands above his head, and the cold steel of the blade that had been driven through the upper part of his shirt. He remembered fighting, fighting a person he thought he could trust. B̶u̶t̶ ̶I̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶t̶r̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶h̶i̶m̶...̶ Then two more people showed up. He knew he had said a few things during this time, but he just couldn't remember. All he knew was that this man couldn't be trusted. He had hurt him.  ̶B̶u̶t̶ ̶h̶e̶ ̶d̶i̶d̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶h̶u̶r̶t̶ ̶m̶e̶.̶ ̶I̶ ̶h̶u̶r̶t̶ ̶h̶i̶m̶.̶ ̶T̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶a̶ ̶m̶i̶s̶u̶n̶d̶e̶r̶s̶t̶a̶n̶d̶i̶n̶g̶.̶  He knew his mind was a battleground of conflicting thoughts. All of them screaming different things about this man. It was so loud. All he knew was that he needed to get away. So once the two strangers disappeared, he took the chance and ran. And the man ran after him.

Now you see how Yoo Junghyeok managed to get himself into this position. Being held down by a man he could easily flip over. But he couldn't, the conflict in his mind wouldn't let him. It was too loud, there was too much noise. Then he heard his voice. "WILL YOU FUCKING LISTEN TO ME!!" Yoo Junghyeok knew it came from the man above him. The call sounded so faint, so far away compared to the war going on in his head. Still, it was enough for him to hear his voice. "Junghyeok I-" He heard himself answer, he just couldn't hear his voice. Trapped in his mind, he thought of his own response. "Nothing you could ever say will make a difference. I still love you... you fool."

(Dokja's POV)

{Nothing you could ever say will make a difference. I still love you... you fool.}

"What?" My mind froze. "Did I hear that correctly?" I pushed the thought out of my mind. There was no way in the universe Yoo Junghyeok would say that. So I must have-

{I really am a worthless human being, aren't I? If I could still be considered that.}

I blanked. "Yoo Junghyeok!" I screamed. I realized what this was. He was in his Regression Depression. But because of the scenarios we are in, he can't regress because 'Regression' doesn't count as a mental skill. However, while all physical skills have been reduced, that doesn't mean they can't be activated. "Hey! Listen to my voice! You have to fight this!" The protagonist sent a death glare my way and yelled. "Shut up you piece of shit! I don't need you!"

{I can't do this anymore. I can't do this alone. Someone, please help me.}

"It's as if there are two versions of him." I think to myself. The physical one, the one that everyone sees. It keeps up the cold persona of a powerful regressor. Then there is the mental one, the one that only wishes to be free of his burden, the one only I can see. I open my mouth. "It's okay Yoo Junghyeok. Let me help you." And so the regressor screamed in my face. "I don't need your help! You used me! I hate you." Quietly, I listen to hear his inner thoughts.

{No... I need you. You showed me that I didn't have to do this alone. Please don't leave.}