Into The Dark Folds - 2 (Ep. 21)

I apologize for the long wait since the update that you've all waited for is this short. It wasn't even two webtoon episodes. It didn't turn out how I hoped, becoming dry, short, etc. This doesn't mean that I can go back to updating like I did before. I hope it gives you all some kind of break in the wait.

(Dokja's POV)

The kids and gotten back into their respective bean bags while the adults had gone to their groups in the room. I followed Sooyoung back to the couch, taking a quick glance at Yoo Junghyeok. His eyes met mine for a brief moment before he looked toward the screen. Wanting this to be over, I took the remote and pressed play. Then I whispered to Yoo Junghyeok, "Are you sure you're going to be okay?"

"I don't know." He said softly. "All I know is that I need to get through this."

[The Warden of the Dark has received the Demon King's Blessed.]

Junghyeok's knuckles turned a pale white as he gripped the fabric beneath his hands. Silently, I might have prayed for him, but instead— "Use your strength, Yoo Junghyeok." —I kept my thoughts to myself.

"GAAAW... ETUR...!" The warden roared. Black waves of rage and energy radiated from its grey skeletal body. Its eyes glowed yellow as its tentacles thrashed around the room. It's height nearly reached the top of the giant cavern.

"It's revolting," Jihye commented in disgust as she wrinkled up her nose. "I would have hated to face something like that this early on in the scenarios."

Hyeonsung sighed. "Neither would I—" He turned to me. "—How did you survive that Dokja-ssi? I get that you are strong, but it's grade 7."

"I was lucky Hyeonsung-ssi. I had information that if I didn't have, I would have died that day."

"Damn it, this isn't looking good." Dokjs thought at his eyes darted around, landing on an exhausted Gilyeong. He held his weapon up and stared at the warden. "I wanted to avoid fighting it at all costs."

"But then you choose the break the seal it was kept in," Junghyeok said critically through grit teeth. I tried to reason with him. "If I didn't cause some sort of distraction, it would have come after Sangah and Myeongoh. And even if it didn't wake up to them, the ground rats would have come and finished them off."

"I know your reasoning, Kim Dokja. I just wish it didn't have to come to it."

"ETUR!"