#01

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

・✫・゜・。

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

"Good morning. This time, I actually thought that you weren't even going to come." a blonde woman's voice, followed by a sarcastic tone, was heard from behind the cashier counter, whilst she glared at you rushing in through the front door of the cafe. 

'8:24 P.M.' , your exhausted eyes glanced at the clock that was positioned right next to the cash register. Usually, the cafe was very busy at this exact hour, as many people are coming back from work, but surprisingly, there wasn't a single person near the cashier counter, every customer was already seated. You felt quite relieved at the sight of that.

Poor you weren't in the mood to speak to anyone, and you weren't even sure how you were going to work with a mindset like that. Completely ignoring your best friend, you quickly made your way to the staff room, hoping that you won't come across your manager or other work colleagues that may ask irrelevant questions.

But what you weren't expecting, was for the blonde girl to follow you right into the room, closing in the door behind the two of you. 

"So? What will you tell the manager this time?" she teased, friskily raising an eyebrow at the tired brunette who was even struggling to take off her jacket, which was all wet from the rain.

"I have no idea, Minji," she hopelessly sighed "I barely got two hours of sleep last night. I don't know how I'll survive today."

"You should really quit your vocal lessons. It's no surprise you barely have any time for yourself." Minji softly spoke, it wasn't a secret that she was worried for her best friend. You've been friends ever since primary school, it must hurt to see your ride or die in a situation like this, completely aware of the fact that she's no help. 

"You're kidding, right? I'd rather die." you scoffed, turning around to face the mirror, only to surprise yourself with how terrible you look. The horrifying dark circles under your eyes made her look like she was a corpse, and your lips appeared so dull, they seemed like they were losing more and more color each day. It's only a matter of time before they completely blend in with your skin.

Minji angrily sighed. "Will you ever quit being so stubborn?" she reached for the brunette's chain bag, pulled out a chapstick that was buried in one of the side pockets which wasn't even zipped and grabbed your chin, forcing your head to stay still. Gently brushing the chapstick against her dry lips, she only now had realized how big of a height difference there was between her and you. Of course, Minji was two years older than you, but from a distance you could easily assume that they were mother and daughter.

"Do you not realize how bad this is for your mental health?" the blonde girl eyed you with a worried expression "You're already overworking yourself by going to school, work and vocal lessons at the same time. What will happen when the manager fires you for poor attendance, huh? How will you pay for your lessons then? Or even afford food on the table?"