Chapter 12 - The Handsome Man

Penny Parker's pov

Today, I decided to go to the cemetery again. Once the two Peter's told me about the whole multiverse story, and what happened. I wanted to see if I could find my family here. I wanted to see if they even existed in this world. So I had thrown on some grey sweatpants , my Converse, and a tight purple long sleeve shirt.

I walked around multiple graves, not seeing any graves I recognized yet. After a while of searching, I looked up to my left and saw a man standing by a tombstone, staring without blinking. I walked over to him, not looking at the gravestone he was looking at. I saw tears in his eyes. "Hey there. Are you alright?" I asked him. He looked up at me, startled.

He had deep brown eyes and dark brown hair. He looked about 5'10. He was wearing beige pants, a blue shirt, and a grey zippered sweater. His shoes were brown and dirty. If I was gonna be honest, I'd say this man is very handsome.

But you could tell by the way his eyes popped because of the dark circles and red stained eyes, that he was sad. Well it's pretty obvious. Anyone at a cemetery is most likely going to be upset.

The majestic man looked me in the eyes, letting a tear fall down his cheek. "I'm ok." He lied. "Oh, I suppose that tear was of joy then?" I sarcastically joked. A slight smile came from the man.

"Who is this?" I asked, pointing to the grave he was standing in front of. "My father." I gave him a look of sympathy. "Oh, I'm sorry. That's gotta be tough." I apologized for his loss. He just nodded his head.

"Who are you here for?" He asked me. How was I gonna tell a stranger that I was here looking for people I knew from a different universe?

Instead of telling the truth I shrugged. "It's complicated." His eyebrows scrunched at my response. "How could it be complicated?" He questioned, sounding confused.

"I'm looking for a friend. Someone I used to know." I was technically telling the truth. He nodded. "That didn't sound complicated." He told me with a small laugh. I laughed along.

I felt a biting wind fly through my hair and crash into my body. The cold breeze made goosebumps appear on my arms and legs. I shivered. I should've worn a jacket or something warmer. I let out a shaky breath, from my shivering. My teeth then began slowly to chatter against one another.

The man in front of me seemed to notice, as he started taking his sweater off. "Here." He held it out for me. I looked up at him. "No, it's okay. You'll get cold too. Thank you though." He shook his head. "No, I'm fine. Take it. I'll be warm enough." He said, further extending his jacket out for me to take.

"Are you sure? I don't want you to be cold. You're already sad, being cold will just make it worse." I joked. He chuckled. "Seriously, I'll live. You can wear it." I hesitantly gave in and took his jacket. I put my arms through and zippered halfway. As soon as I settled into his jacket, I was overwhelmed with comfort. I could smell his cologne, making its way into my clothes.

"Thank you." I appreciated his thoughtful gesture. "No problem." He smiled at me. "So, who was your friend?" The man asked. I decided to use one of the names my brother told me about. "Gwen Stacy." He stared into my eyes, waiting for me to continue.

I tried to remember everything my brother told me about her. But I couldn't tell him that. He might figure out that I had powers, and was Spider-Woman. That was one thing my brother didn't have to remind me about.

Although, Spider-Woman isn't really popular here.

"She, uh, she was in a car accident. Got hit by a drunk driver." I lied to him. "Jeez, I'm sorry." He apologized as I had for his father. I smiled with my mouth closed, appreciating his sympathy for me. I tried to act a little sad, but it was hard because I had no memory of this person. But what made it easier to be sad, was the fact I had no memories of my friends and family. All of it...poof...gone.