◇ prologue. ◇

The night was cold, the thunder roaring through the dark, empty castle hallways and the rain harshly tapping at the stained glass windows. The Min Castle was dimly lit by the light flames of wicked candles scattered throughout the walls and variety of rooms. Everyone was asleep during this time, except the armed soldiers, of course, standing just outside the front entrance, their silver armor their only protection from the cold, hard rain. It was quiet, only the storm being the noise that filled the entire castle. But, the silence was soon broken by a loud slam from one of the bedrooms. The prince winced at the loudness of the slam, mentally cursing himself.

There he stood in his slumber clothing, a messy white long sleeved blouse, and loose black silk pants, barefoot so he wouldn't make much noise. As he held his candle close, he looked around. The beautiful painted portraits on the wall scattered around, staring into the abyss. The air was cold but somewhat comforting for the prince. Winter was an amazing season, his favorite season. He took a deep sigh as he slowly gained the courage to take his first step forward, facing the dimly lit hallway that led to double stairs, the first floor waiting for him at the bottom.

The marble floor was cold under the prince's pale feet, causing shivers of discomfort to go through his body. His grip tightened on the wicked candle he held a few inches away from his body.

Slowly making his way towards the left side of the stairs, he stopped and swiftly hid behind a wall, peaking down with a small frown. "No. Why on earth is he even awake?" The prince grumbled to himself, biting his bottom lip as he felt his chest tighten ever so slightly. One of the prince's from another kingdom was humming lightly as he flicked through a small black notebook, catching the prince's attention.

"My heart yearns to feel your touch, your voice whimpering, and begging for my mercy as I have my way with you. Your milky face flushed as red as the cherry you picked and happily chewed on the day I first saw you, sitting under the tree as the light casted a glow to you. You're absolutely beautiful. You looked so...delicious." The taller male chuckled darkly, his lips curling sadisticly as he slammed the notebook shut.

Out of surprise, the prince gasped loudly, his left hand flying to hush his mouth. He hid more behind the wall, his blood running cold and his forehead forming small beads of sweat. If he heard him, he wouldn't know what the latter would do to him. His candle blew out, his eyes widening as his own hand was replaced with another. He could feel the hot breath of another man on the side of his neck.

"Who goes there?" The deep voice demanded out, his voice booming through the large room. "Oh, nothing, brother! You just caught me by surprise, is all! I was returning to my chambers for some slumber. Go grab the finest wine from the kitchen, let's drink and sleep. It is a big day tomorrow, at all." The man called out, his voice slowly getting quieter and more sadistic as his slowly met eyes with the shorter prince.

"Hello, your highness~"