It's All Lies, Out The Gate I Snuck Up Fast

Preston's POV

I sat in my room, laying on my back staring at the pale blue ceiling above me. I sat and sunk into all my thoughts that were weighing me down. All of the things that I say that I never mean. All of the times that I have given into people and just lost all hope.
My thoughts were interrupted by my Skype going off. I picked up the call and saw Rob's face appear on my screen.
"Hey Preston! How are you?" He asked in his usual upbeat tone.
"I'm fine." I said.
Lies.
"I was wondering if you wanted to come up to Canada for a while so we could hang out and stuff. I haven't seen you in so long." He said.
"Yeah I'd love to. Do you mind if I come tomorrow? I'd honestly love to get a break from my brother for a while." I said happy that I'd have a chance to get away from my 'family'.
Ever since my parents died in a car crash my older brother has been extremely abusive. He comes home drunk almost every night, beats me, then blames me for all the stuff he broke when he was drunk and beats me for that. I then realize that I must have dozed off because Rob was snapping his fingers in front of me.
"Huh? Oh uh sorry. I was just thinking..." I said trailing off at the end.
"You okay? What's wrong?" He asked obviously concerned about me.
"Oh it's nothing. Really. Just got lost for a minute there. I'm fine." I said with a smile making it a bit more believable.
"Okay..." He responded "well I'll see you when you get down here."
After that he ended the Skype call. I immediately started packing anything I'd need into my suitcase and I booked a flight up to Canada. If I wanted to make it I'd have to leave now so I walk downstairs, making sure my brother isn't there then walk out the door to my car and drive to the airport.
'I hope I never have to go back...'