2

" how'd you like to ride home on a real cowboy, sweetheart? i got a six packs of cold ones on ice and my roomie is out all night so you can SCREAM MY NAME AS LOUD AS YOU NEED TO, SUGAR "[unedited]

[unedited]

— "LOBO. You're sure you know what you're doing?"

   "Si, Vida. I always know what I'm doing." The wolf cockily said. He lifts his cloak over his head and tucks his sickles before leaving to the bar where his victim sits, drinking his sorrows away.

Though, before actually entering, he turns to face his companion for centuries.

"[Y/N]?"

Her eyebrows raised, for she was surprised to hear her mortal name. "Yes, Muerte?"

"...How about a bet?"

   "...And that's why I'm here."

   Puss stared at the serpent in bewilderment. This woman- no, this goddess had bothered to follow him all this way to the sanctuary to watch over him for a... a bet? Not to mention, he's beginning to look his absolute worst in front of her. Talk about embarrassing.

   "And, uh... what will you win out of this bet, señorita?"

   "His sickles."

   "And if you lose?"

   "...your soul, your hat, your boots, and your sword... And my crown, but I think it's obvious which one I want more, right?"

   ...this is the god our people worshipped? Puss was losing it. Not that he wasn't already, but like... his life is in the hands of this woman. A woman that bet his life to Death himself.

   "And remind me what the bet was."

   "Oh, pff, it's quite simple actually! I-"

   "Oh my goodness, snake!!" Right. She had forgotten that she shape shifted into her creature form, the feathered serpent.

   Puss- or, Pickles in this case- was picked up by Mama Luna due to being the closest to the serpent, which had slithered out of sight. "Oh, Pickles! We don't want you getting salmonella."

   "Ay, dios mío- Hey!" He angrily whispered to her once he spotted her tail under a dresser. He rudely pointed at her with his gloved paw. "This is NOT the end of the conversation."

   He was taken to the bathtub, much to his misery.

   While the goddess waited for him to return from his bath, she went ahead observed the house, carefully maneuvering around the cats as to not get attacked.

   She found that this elder woman has hundreds, if not, dozens of felines in the household. Though, there was an unfamiliar presence among them all. One without the sass, the craziness, and a handful of optimism with a sprinkle of happy-go-lucky.

   It took a second, but it eventually got to your head.

   There was a dog in this house.

(i'm typing this with a band-aid so sorry if there's typos or if it takes a while to publish)

   Before she could dig any further with Mama Luna being busy, a small, curious voice caught her attention.

   "Woah... I've never seen a snake like you before!"

   She looked to see... a puppy. A puppy in a cat costume. Presumably, he was disguised as a kitten for food and shelter. She could sense the gratefulness inside of him, as well as the happiness in his heart.

   But there was something in his past that she felt in her core, something he had mistakenly put as a silly game.

   "A dog in the home of Mama Luna?" She smirked, sensing his anxiety. He knows he's not supposed to be here.

   "Uh— well... yeah. Please keep it secret? Pretty please?"

   "Yes, yes, Perrito." She lifted her tail towards him and gestured for a... hand shake? Pinkie promise? Who knows.

"I will keep your secret safe."

The start of an undying friendship has begun.

vote & comment <3