6.

Friday morning saw Rudra squeezing fresh orange juice and Bhavya making a huge batch of her special Bhavya-Style Egg Bhurji while the RiKara got the KiddOs ready. Shivaay got ready first since he would be dropping the kids to school and then leave for office directly. Everyone, except Jhanvi, Shakti and Shivani arrived at the dining table for breakfast.

"Ramesh, Jhanvi ka breakfast room mein bhijwa do." Tej told one of the staff members.

"Is mom okay?" Om asked.

"Haan, bas thodi weakness lag rahi thi so I told her to rest upstairs." Tej informed and Om nodded, making a mental note to check on his mother after breakfast.

"Shivani kahan hain hain?" Shivaay asked.

"Yahaan hain." Her voice came from the staircase. Shakti was slowly walking towards the dining table, holding the handrail with one hand and Shivani holding the other.

Shivaay immediately pulled a chair and went to take Shakti's hand. "Dad aap neeche kyoon aaye?! Dialysis hua hain na, aapko rest karna chahiye."

Shakti waved a hand dismissively. "Arey dialysis toh har teesre din hota rehta hain. Likin meri pyaari si poti, aur pyaare se pote ke saath naashta karne ko roz thodi hi milta hain."

"Dadaji, aapko pata hain aap mujhe kabhi bhi bulayenge toh main immediately aa jaaoongi." Shivani reminded, making Shakti smile fondly at her.

Pinky scoffed. "Achha? Tumhari maa tumhe ya tumhare bhai ko uske weeks mein yahaan aane dengi?"

"Mom!" Shivaay whispered yelled, to which Pinky twisted her mouth and took a sip of her juice. Shivani lowered her eyes, taking larger than usual bite of her toast to hide the discomfort she felt from Pinky's words.

Shakti clicked his tongue while Tej rolled his eyes. Taking a jab at their ex-daughter-in-law was a part of Pinky's daily routine. But she didn't have to say it in front of the little girl.

Sensing the rising tensions, Gauri spoke "Bacchon harharaike khaana kha lo. Rubi beta, tumri... oo ka kehte hain... drama club ki practice hain na aaj saam ko?"

"Theatre club, badi maa." Rubina corrected.

"Haan, theatre club. Rudy bhaiya tumko saam ko school se pick kar lenge. Humne tumhare liye ek paratha roll aur juice Tiffin mein de Diya hain." Gauri told her.

Rubina grinned. "Thank you Badi Maa! Now let's see who or what stops me from getting the lead role."

"Come on kids, get in the car. We don't want to be late." Shivaay ushered the KiddOs towards the car.

Since it was his Shivaay Sir's duty to drop the kids off today, Khanna was the one driving. The drive to school was a silent one since Shivaay wasn't big on radio, except the occasional chatter between the kids. They arrived and kids ran towards their classes, quickly wishing Shivaay goodbye.

Shivani stopped for a second and turned around to see Shivaay looking at them as they rushed to class.

"Raahil, tum chalo, main aati hoon." Shivani said.

"Papa!"

Shivaay, who was about to get in the car, stoped hearing his daughter's voice. Shivani jogged back to Shivaay and hugged him. He wrapped his arms around her and pressed a quick kiss to her forehead.

"Have a great day at school, sweetheart."

"You too, have a great day in office. See you next week."

Shivaay (unwillingly) broke the hug and Shivani went inside the school building.

'Just one week. It would be over soon.' Shivaay told himself. He got in the car and put his sunglasses. "Khanna, office."