Epilogue

A few weeks have passed since Darla's encounter with the Great Old One. She had returned to her normal life and successfully began her studies in Miskatonic University. Derek and Josh assured her that their people were in the University, so she didn't have to worry about having any problems. She still looked pretty much human, except for the very slight greyish skin color. The Star Spawn and the high priest of the cult let her know that her transformation had begun and would progress very slowly since the first change, but as she grew older, the traits of the Great Old One's appearance would become more pronounced, just like it happened with all her ancestors. She led a peaceful life, and, of course, regularly visited the cult's hideout to give in to the unearthly pleasure with her mate, the Star Spawn of Cthulhu.

As a part of her daily life, Darla had always kept a calendar to follow her cycle, making markings in it. The approaching period had always warned her with the slight cramps in her underbelly. But this time, she felt nothing. Not a single hint of cramps, and it was already nearly a week past her usual term.

She was late on her cycle.

Darla had her suspicions, but she had to make sure. She purchased a home pregnancy test and used it the next morning after waking. Dipping its tip into her urine, she waited a few minutes. She felt nervous, her heart skipping a beat. The instruction said that if the test showed one line, it meant a negative result; and if there were two lines, it was positive. And as she looked at the test strip, she closed her eyes and made a deep breath.

It showed two very clearly pronounced lines.

She was pregnant.

Darla smiled and put a hand on her for now flatten belly. She was carrying a child of the Star Spawn inside her. She could only wonder how the baby would look like after birth. She knew about her ancestors mating with mortal humans with each offspring transforming into a creature that mostly resembled Cthulhu, but had some traits of the Deep Ones. But her mate was a Star Spawn, so she could only guess what the result would be like. All that remained was waiting.

If anyone had ever told her before about all these events, she would have probably considered that person insane. But now things were different, and nothing seemed crazy anymore. Darla had a new life in a new reality. The cult would keep an eye on her to ensure safety for her and her future offspring. When the signs of her transformation become too evident, she will hide from people's eyes and wait for the metamorphosis to complete itself. By that time, her child will already grow up and find a mate, and she would go to live into the depths of the ocean with her mate, the Star Spawn of Cthulhu. As an immortal being, she will live eternally in the sunken city of R'lyeh, her true home. And the bloodline of the Great Old One will continue for eternity.