( chapter 1 )- problems

Working at the underworld office has helped Eugene gain a lot.As well as acquiring a since of self-confidence,he also acquired a family. Granted, they were a Mismatched batch,but still they kind of made him feel like home. A feeling it which he'd missed after a long period of time. He had been shown a great deal more love and acceptance by them than even his biological parents had never shown him. With Joan being a stern but caring grandmother, River being a rebellious, fun and thoughtful aunt figure of sorts, Hayden was like a brother that he would do anything for and knew he would do the same Eugene.

And then there's boss. He was both a role model and a father figure to Eugene. Always guiding the kid and and ensuring that he was safe. And most importantly , he was there for him. Granted,he wasn't open with his feelings, but Eugene knew he cared about him.

But it seemed like Eugene was forgetting something,but he couldn't point out what,tho he didn't cared,he wanted to just continue his partol with river.

The cold night breeze echoed between the alleys of the dark moonlit city as River and Eugene wandered around, focused on their patrol for the night.

Eugene smiled,as he gazed apon the night sky,even if everything was gray and dull,it still kinda looked beautiful,he had gotten used to the colors being like that after a while of coming back there.

Tho, Eugene hoped that the night will last longer than it already was,but time flies. Eugene couldn't help but think, could he just end things of being a mortal,and be a ghost instead... He wanted to... but he knew he would get the lecture of his life from boss and Joan. He shook his head,trying to get that thought of planing to do it,as he sigh,looking out into the streets.

It was a calm peaceful night for once,and Eugene liked it...kinda,tho,something still bothered him,and he didn't knew what..
River noticed how Eugene seemed to be problem-ed. " You alright newbie?" River asked, snapping Eugene out of his train of thought,looking over to river.

"Oh,i-im good,just got something in mind.." Eugene said,his words trailing off.

After the time he had been there at the office,he stuttered less and spoke more often,so it was unusual for him to kind of act this way,sure he'd just been there for a week or two,tho he has changed after those weeks. So it kind of made river slightly worried.

"Well,you are always welcome to tell us anything,alright newbie" river spoke,ruffling Eugene's hair,which she got a chuckle from Eugene. "Right..." Eugene looked back down the Alley.

After a while, Eugene had headed back home,since it was almost dawn,he had to get up and get ready for school.

He got back into his body,as everything turned black.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

The sun shined,as it's light rays shined through the window,lighting the room up. The light hitting the flower that sat on the window seal.

Eugene gasped,as he woke up,getting out of bed,he sigh, having another one of those dreams..

He grunted,crawling out of bed. He grabbed his hood and slipped it on,picking up his glasses from the nightstand that sat next to the bed.

He then picked up his bag,and swung his bedroom door open...

                 -at the train station-