Chapter Five: Shit Just Got Real

Oh my God.

The weekend ended too quickly.

It was Monday already and my damn alarm clock is a reminder that I should get up or I will be late for school. " Someday, I'm going to buy a gun and shoot you to smithereens. " I muttered to the alarm clock. I lazily got out of bed and grabbed a towel. I made my way towards the bathroom. I took a quick shower and grabbed the first shirt and pair of jeans I can get my hands on. I grabbed my backpack and headed downstairs.

I found mom cooking breakfast at the kitchen. " Hey mom, good morning. " I said, giving her a peck on the cheek. " Morning sweetie, " she replied. I grabbed a granola bar from the cupboard. " Wait. Your not going to eat breakfast? " She asked. I shook my head. " Sorry mom. I can't. I'm going to be late. Bye, love you! " I said, running towards to the door. I stepped out of the house and started walking towards the school.

After that unfortunate event last Friday night, Alex, also known as Neighbor from Hell, never bothered to talk to me again. Occasionally, I would see him in his room, but I chose to ignore him. I still didn't forgot that stunt he pulled last week. He just laughed his ass out on my face! On my face! He was rude and that is unacceptable. Yes, I know I was also rude to him but he was way ruder than me. First, he barged in to my room then he covered my mouth with his filthy hand and after that he spoke to me in different languages that thankfully, I understand. Then, he laughed his ass off in my face because he discovered that I was checking him out. And you know what was more infuriating? He is my goddamn neighbor! I will have to tolerate whatever shit he might do in the future that will most likely lose my sanity. I'll just hope that he will not do such things.

After entering the school building, I immediately went to my locker and grabbed the books I needed for class. There's only five minutes before first period and I'm already running faster than Roadrunner when I slammed, collided, whatever you want to call it, into the Great Wall of China.

I was just kidding.

Okay, here's the real thing.

Where was I again? Right. I was running faster than Roadrunner when I slammed into brick-wall like body. There was an "oof! " and my books scattered around the floor. Great. Way to go, loser! I will be late because of you!

" Watch where you're going, prick! " I grumbled, gathering my books. I know. I'm letting out bad vibes to the innocent guy, but I just had a bad mood. Don't worry. I'm not PMS-ing. It's not my time of the month, yet.

That guy who collided with me helped me pick up my books. Once they were arranged, the guy murmured, " I'm sorry. " I rolled my eyes, " Don't be sorry, I should be the one to say sorry instead. But anyways, thanks- ". I said, looking up to the guy. The words were stuck in my throat. Holy cow. This is so not happening.

" Alex? " I said in disbelief. My eyes widening in surprise.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

" Alex? " I said in disbelief. My eyes widening in surprise.

" Rica? " He asked, confused.

" What are you doing here? " We both said at the same time. Alex chuckled while me, on the other hand , was panicking. Oh god, no. This is not happening! This is a dream! I'm bound to wake up sooner. This is a nightmare! I am not believing this! Wake up, Rica! Wake the hell up!

I pinched my cheek. Holy shit! This is real! Noooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

Face it, Rica. This is reality. There is no getting away with this. My brain said.

No! I refuse to believe any of this crap! I shouted to my brain.

" Hello? Rica? You listening? " Alex asked, pulling me back to reality. " Uh, what were you talking about again? I'm sorry I was a bit distracted. " I babbled, nervously biting on my nails. I tend to do that when I get nervous.o