Chapter Two: Scream at First Sight

Picture of Rica on the side ;) ( Except glasses )

Yes people, she screamed.

That kind of scream when you were watching a horror movie and it gets to the scariest part. That kind of scream when you barged in to the men's comfort room accidentally. That kind of scream when you caught your sibling eating the last piece of cake in the fridge. That kind of scream when you got VIP tickets to your favorite boy band. That kind of scream when you realize your on your period and totally forgot about it.

For short, it was a high- pitched scream.

I'm totally not a professional in this kinds of situation so I panicked and later on, caught on the latest trend.

I also screamed.

Is anybody surprised?

We both screamed at the top of our lungs. Soon, we're having our very own scream fest and I'm very sure that the whole block heard us. A few moments later, a suited man who is accompanied by a couple of girls who were wearing a maids uniform. I cut out my screaming and stared dumbfounded. They stared at me with wide eyes but they kept their mouth shut.

Talk about awkward.

Then suddenly, the two girls started shrieking like nuts. They joined in with the woman I met earlier. Except this time the woman was running around, screaming " HELP!!!! There's a thief in here!!!! Call the police, the FBI, the CIA, the Interpol, the Scotland Yard! Anybody! HELP!!!!!! "

Wow. Talk about weird.

I realized that I was just standing there, mouth open like a fish out of water. I shook my head. This is totally getting out of hand. I have to do something before she grab a butcher knife and hack me to tiny pieces.

I cleared my throat. " Ma'am, please calm down. " I said, trying to coax her to calm down. I slowly approached her, but one of the maids blocked me and held up a frying pan. I took a step back. I mean, who wants their heads being smashed with a frying pan? Not me.

" Miss, whoever you are, please don't do something you will regret later. And please, don't hurt us. I beg you. " the maid with the pan said, shaking with fear. I really feel sorry for her. If I were in her shoes, I would have done the same thing.

" Ma'am I assure you that I don't have any bad intentions. I'm only here to bring you these. " I replied, indicating to the plate I'm holding.

She opened her mouth and closed it again. She did the same thing for a whole minute until she realized what she was doing. I raised my eyebrows at her. She shrugged it off and moved out of my way. I gave her a small smile and handed her the cookies. The other maid opened her mouth to speak but was interrupted by the butler who gave her a disapproving look. She shrink back to her place and shut her trap.

The woman, who screamed earlier, was now sitting in a corner, beads of sweat trickling down her forehead. She stared at me with wide eyes, fear visible on their depths. I started thinking, ' Wow, she's really terrified with me. It's not like I'm holding a wickedly sharp knife and smiling evilly, saying " Where are you? " , right? '

Thanks for the wonderful thought brain!

Note the sarcasm.

I approached her slowly, every single step carefully calculated. It's like I'm stalking a prey. I dismissed the idea. It's ridiculous anyway. Huh, imagine, me, sweet little old me, acting like a predator. Mostly at school, I'm the prey. Nope, no. Change that. Not mostly, always the prey.

Ah. My wonderful life in high school.

Again, note the sarcasm.

I tiptoed my way towards her. I looked back at the trio. They all shrugged and gave me a thumbs up, indicating that I should go on. Geez, thanks for boosting my self confidence. Way to go, guys!