new neighbors

(i can't be the only one that thinks his fan art goes way to hard, i mean come on 😳)

XXX POV

Shit, you're walking home from work and it's starting to rain. Within seconds the little rain drops become big and heavy, falling out of the sky in liter
(Yes, I'm European, fuck your measurement system)

You start running home, making it to the front door half wet.
You take your keys and fumble with them in the rain, cursing under your panting breath.
You should really start exercising more often.

Finally you get inside, taking off your coat and shoes, that are now soaking from the rain. Why didn't you take an umbrella with you??
Oh wait, yours broke 2 days ago from the wind... 'Damn, life is hard' you think to yourself.

You flop into the couch exhausted, weather is shit, your job is shit, your cold and slightly wet, your hair is dirty...

You sigh, grabbing the tv remote, you could use a distraction. You turn on the tv, instantly being met with a bright "BREAKING NEWS" screen.

'What now?'
The screen switches to reporter who is talking a bit to fast for you to understand fully, you squint your eyes, like that's going to help.
All the info is flooding in, something about monster?
Your brain is so tired it takes a moment before everything settles in.

...shit.

You see in bold letters the name of your shitty neighborhood appear.
Like puzzle pieces falling into place you finally realized what was just spit at you.

Monsters... Actual monsters were coming to live in your neighborhood.
But, those were just myths, stories to tell kids on Halloween or to make then behave, but they're real?
They have to be or they wouldn't be moving in nextdoor.

Sleep, you just tell yourself that you're hallucinating 'cause you're way to tired from work. You need to go to bed. You need some rest.

Mind struggling to comprehend what you just heard, you walk upstairs to the bathroom. Looking into the mirror you spot yourself.
A shower, you also need to shower.

After you get ready for bed you check the time, it's late already. That's okay, tomorrow you can sleep for as long as you want. You don't have to wake up for work.

You scroll on your phone for a bit before putting it aside and falling into a deep sleep, you really need it, 'cause who knows what tomorrow will bring?

.
.
.
.

YOUR POV
I wake up from my sleep disturbed by the noice going on outside. Ugh, why can't they just shut the fuck up, i want to sleep.

"SANS! WE ARE SUPPOSED TO MOVE THE COUCH, NOT TAKE A NAP ON IT!!!"

One of them is talking so loud i can hear it cristal clear from inside.

"AND IS THAT A SOCK ON OUR LAWN?! WE'VE BEEN HERE FOR 5 MINUTES AND YOU'VE ALREADY LITTERED YOUR DIRTY CLOTHES! GET UP FROM THAT COUCH RIGHT NOW AND PICK IT UP!"

I laugh a little to myself, i don't think he's gonna pick up the sock.
I stretch myself and grab my phone.
It's still so early, I'm gonna need coffee, but first i wanna see what's going on outside.

I walk over to my window and pull up the blinds. My eyes take a minute to adjust. I look out the window and...
I rub my eyes. Did i just see? No, no...
I take a second look out the window.
They're monster... They're here, so yesterday's news was real. It looks to be 2 skeleton like monsters one smaller one sitting on a couch with a hoody and a tall one with a scarf lecturing the other. I take a step back.
They don't look scary and i don't think I want to be on their bad side...
Maybe i should say hello?
*Tummy rumble* ... After breakfast.

Okay, breakfast done, no more stalling. I got myself ready, brushed my hair 3 times, no more procrastinating.
I open the door and walk out.
The smaller skeleton sits up and looks over at me while i make my way to them.

"Oh, looks like we have company"

The tall one goes quiet and turns around.

"H-hello, I'm (y/n) from next door...
I'm guessing you're my new neighbors?" I try to smile but it feels a little awkward.

"OH HELLO THERE HUMAN! IT APPEARS TO BE SO, I HOPE WE CAN GET TO KNOW EACH OTHER AND I THE GREAT PAPYRUS CAN BE THE BEST NEIGHBOR YOU'LL EVER HAVE"
He says the last bit doing a pose.
Wait... Did he just call me 'human'?

"Pappy, don't you know how to treat a woman? You can't just go around and call everyone human, I'm sorry about him he can get a little overexcited and forget he has manners-"

"HEYYY!!! AT LEAST I HAVE SOME"

"Hi I'm Sans, Sans the skeleton, nice to meet you (y/n)"
He sticks out his hand to shake and i take it.

*BUZZ*

"Haha! The old joy buzzer in the hand trick, works every time"
He looks happy with himself, me? Not so much, if i wanted to get shocked today i would've licked the outlet in my kitchen. But it's just a prank, maybe it's just a kid. I'll give him some slack.

Suddenly the front door of the house opens. An even taller skeleton with two scars on his face walks out of the door way.
"Really, how long does it take to put a couch inside of a house? We still have so much left to-" He looks up from the checklist he's holding, his eyes (?) falling on me.
"My apologies, i didn't know we had a gest." He steps closer to me, not breaking eye contact.
"I-i'm (y/n) from next door, your new neighbor" holy shit he's hot.
He was dressed in a white, grayish turtle nek, a long black coat and black slacks.
"It's lovely meeting you miss (y/n). You can call me gaster, i see you've met my boys already"
His voice was smooth and deep.

Shit, he's the dad. Did i just think a married man was hot??? ...
DID I JUST THINK A SKELETON WAS HOT??!!

I blush a little. "Yeah, they were making some noice and i wanted to see if everything was alright, heh" this is awkward, why am I being so awkward?

"That's very kind of you, i would invite you inside for some coffee, but as you can see we have a lot of unpacking to do, so why don't you just join us for dinner?"
His voice is so calming i wasn't thinking straight

"Sure, dinner is great, dinner is good"
I smile at him giving a thumbs up, really? A thumbs up?

"Excellent, then I'll see you around 18:30?"

"Yup, 18:30 is good with me! See you all then"
I walk backwards a bit before turning around and walking back home.

I'm gonna have dinner with monsters, great.

________________
Next chapter will be said dinner but I'm tired and it's 22:45, so I'm going to bed. Just be patient, go touch some grass. Drink water. Inhale, exhale.