The Patient

She could hardly shake the feeling of Eric's hand on her arm, even as she had returned home for the day, and she knew that she would still feel him on her arm for a time. Those stubby little fingers on her skin, and the feeling of his body right next to her as they rode the bus home together with Louie and Greg. It wasn't so much a feeling that upset her, but rather it left her wondering as to where he was going with it all. When he touched her one time, he never touched her again after that, and yet he remained there in the seat next to her with his hands down by his thighs: his fingers curled over the edge of the seat right in between her and him, and she wondered if he would do it again.

He instead walked her back to the outside of her building again, all while Greg and Louie continued on up the block to their building at the very end there. Once they were alone on the street, and Christine climbed upon the step outside the front door to her building, Eric lingered back a bit. It wasn't until she had her key out of her pocket when she noticed that he stood back there with a pensive expression on his face.

"Is everything okay?" she asked him over the noise of the street.

"Oh, yeah. I'm just watching you go in there."

She showed him a smile, and she made her way in through that narrow front door. It closed behind her as she made her way down the corridor to the elevator doors at the far end. As she waited for the elevator itself, she noticed the front door off to her right. That helmet of black hair had gone away, and yet a part of her wondered as to when he had left for his building up the street.

Christine stepped into the cozy little elevator and leaned into the corner. The silvery doors ground shut before her, and she sighed through her nose. Something about the elevator always bothered her to of great extent, even as a young girl living with her parents. She bowed her head, but she kept her attention fixed on the numbers over her. Lucky for her, it was only for a single floor.

She still nevertheless shuddered once the car reached the second floor, and she did not hesitate for a second as she scurried out of there and back to her apartment: the music of Jackson Browne played in the place across the hall, and Christine wondered if she could introduce Greg and Louie to her mother before very long.

She strode into her apartment, and hung her bag up on the back of the chair closest to the front door. She thought about Alex right then, and in particular the image of him being close to her at some point or another. She had to find a way to further break the ice. To break the ice...

Christine hung up her coat in her bedroom closet, and then she kicked off her shoes and peeled off her jeans. As she made her way to the bathroom for a shower, she pictured him right there with her, perched up on the counter right next to the seat, still with those glasses on his handsome face.

"You gonna dance for me?" he sweetly asked her.

"Why would I dance in the shower?" she retorted with a little chuckle. She peeled off her shirt and bore her nice smooth bra and her full breasts to him. He raised his eyebrows and lowered his head a bit to peek over the top of his glasses at her, even as she hung her shirt up on the hook next to her towel.

"Like what you see here?" she asked him as she ran her hands down her breasts, to which he nodded at her: he flashed her a wink before he nudged his glasses back up the aquiline bridge of his nose.

Christine then turned to the shower and switched on the water, and all the while, she pictured him still there right behind her as she stripped down to her nude form.

"Beautiful figure," he remarked as she tousled her hair and climbed into the tub. She wagged her finger and then she pulled the curtain closed part of the way.