Chapter 16

A bell sound noise came from the distance making everyone look up towards the house. "Lunch kids," Poppa J said motioning to the house. "We best be getting before Momma sends the hounds."

"There you are," Momma huffed putting her hands on her hips after tossing her hand towel over her shoulder, "took you long enough. Let me guess, Little Dove had to have one more go on the track?"

"Sorry Momma but it was just so—"

"Freeing, yeah yeah," Momma rolled her eyes in annoyance but held a smile on her lips. "Go wash up you two," she waved her hand. "You boys can use the downstairs bathroom to wash up," she said looking at Corey, Raven, Brandon, and North and pointed down the hall.

"Ma'am?" Corey asked.

"It's the second door on the left," she said turning back to oven.

"Go get cleaned up," Poppa motioned to the hall.

"Sir," Corey nodded and started heading down the hall.

By the time North came out of the bathroom, Dove was coming down the stairs with Reaper right behind her. She was wearing jeans and a large black tee shirt.

"Not at the table, Little Dove," Momma said as she pulled the cheesy garlic bread out of the oven. "Put it away before you sit down."

"But Momma," Dove pouted.

"You can have it back after you eat at least one full plate," Momma said as she put another batch into the oven.

"Just listen, Dovey, I'm hungry," Ariel huffed as she sat down beside Sergey.

"Fine," Dove pouted as she pulled the mermaid knife out of her pocket, flicked it open and without even looking threw it into the wooden cutting board on the counter.

"You miss and hit my actual counter and I'm having Sergey swat that ass, I love that marble counter!" Ariel glared at Dove.

Dove smirked and kissed Ariel's cheek, "I know better than to mess up your kitchen, Princess, I checked out of my peripheral vision before I threw it. Why do you think Sergey scooted it over there before he sat down?"

"Bitch," Ariel smirked while shaking her head.

"I love you too, Princess," Dove smiled as she sat down.

"Eat, child," Momma said as she sat a plate of chicken alfredo in front of Dove. Sergey reached over and put two pieces of cheesy garlic bread on her plate then took the bag of flamingo hot Cheetos that Ariel handed him and dumped some on Dove's plate before setting the bag beside her.

"Thank you," Dove beamed.

"Eat," Sergey, Ariel, and Momma said in unison making her roll her eyes.

"Now Boys, spaghetti or alfredo?" Momma said turning to look at Corey, Raven, North, and Brandon.

"Either," they said in unison.

"So you really are leaving on Monday?" Ariel asked after taking a drink of water while Sergey began cutting up her chicken alfredo for her. "Thank you," she beamed and kissed Sergey's cheek as he put her plate back in front of her.

"Apparently," Dove shrugged.

"What about Reaper?" Ariel asked.

"He will be traveling with her," Corey said taking the plate from Momma, "thank you Ma'am. I have already made sure the flight will accommodate Reaper—"

"But Reaper doesn't do will in confined spaces," Ariel interrupted.

"We take my plane," Raven explained.

"What do you mean your plane?" Poppa asked.

"We cousins," Sergey shrugged. "My uncle his father."

"So you are really are cousins," Ariel said shocked then looked over at Dove, "Damn girl, I said we would meet princes some day but—"

The front door slammed open, setting Reaper, and Ariel's Great Danes Sebastian and Flounder running toward the door growling and barking.

"WHERE IS SHE?!?!?!"

Dove's face lit up while Ariel sighed in annoyance and rolled her eyes.

"I SWEAR TO GOD—" Ariel shouted as Dove stood up while a man in an Army uniform walked into the dining room.

"Princey Wincey Eric!" Dove shouted as she jumped into his arms. "What the fuck are you doing here?"

"DOVE!" Momma and Poppa J shouted in unison making her chuckle.

"Sorry," She mumbled as into his uniform.

"I got here as soon as I could Little Dove," Eric said into her hair. "I am so sorry Little Dove, I will make him pay, I swear it."

"I'm okay Princey," she shook her head. "Reaper saved me. My bosses showed up and saved me. I'm okay, I promise."

"It still never should have happened, what the fuck were you thinking, Little Dove?"

"Enough Eric," Poppa glared at him.

"What are you doing here, Eric?" Ariel asked suspiciously. "I thought you were overseas?"

"How did you find out anyway?" Dove asked sliding out of his hold. She turned to look over at Momma, "Momma! Really? I told you not to tell him."

"Why?" Eric asked.

"I didn't want you to worry. You have enough to deal with," Dove said looking down at the ground.

Eric sighed while pulling her back into a hug, "As much as I appreciate you trying to protect me, Little Dove, you don't have to. It's my job to protect you." He tensed as something registered in his brain, "What do you mean your bosses saved you?"