Chapter 4

Hey!!!! Please Comment, Vote and Fan! THANKS FOR READING!

Chapter 4

Tristan’s P.O.V

We pulled up to my Uncle’s house after the long flight to Phoenix. We had planned to eat dinner there and my cousin Andrea had offered to have us stay at her house. We had met up with my sister Sophie and her husband and we all flew to Phoenix together and my cousin Corey picked us up at the airport. The weather was hotter there and I could feel the mugginess in the air, my sister Sophie and her husband were great to spend time with they were chatting about baby names with my mom as we all got out of the car.

We headed up the steps and onto the porch and were immediately were greeted by my Aunt and Uncle and Andrea waiting for us inside the door. We all hugged each other and were standing around in the family room when I heard someone come down the stairs.

I froze, the girl coming down the stairs was the most gorgeous thing I had ever seen. Andrea introduced her as her best friend and she smiled shyly and I watched as she scanned the room her eyes landing on me and she sucked in a breath and I could feel the electricity coming between us and I couldn’t focus. The ache had left and there was now a yearning for the girl standing in front of me.

“Who’s ready to eat?” My Uncle boasted and we all started to head toward the kitchen.

“Hi, I’m Tristan” I said holding out my hand.

“Hi, it’s nice to meet you” she blushed as I reached down and kissed her hand.

We all gathered around the table and said grace and then we began to eat. Then, I heard a cry of a baby come from upstairs and I looked around. Did Andrea have a baby?

Suddenly Carrie stood up and rushed up the stairs, “Sorry” she managed to say as she climbed the stairs.

I felt the disappointment make its way through me. She was married, she couldn’t be. I tried to comprehend she was taken but, my mind couldn’t bear the thought.

My mom was the first one to speak up. “Is she married?”

“No, that poor girl has been through so much” my Uncle answered.

“What happened?” I asked.

“She was happily married right out of High School and a year later she found her husband with another woman, a few months after that she found out she was pregnant.” I heard my mother and sister gasp. “He spent the divorce papers without even a word, it broke her heart. She just had Caden 2 days ago and he doesn’t want anything to do with his own son. I didn’t think that she would recover after the divorce but, Caden’s little life inside her and God is what keeps her going, she has very strong faith” Andrea said her smile was sad.

Her faith, that made me like her even more. My mind was reeling at the thoughts coming at me, one was loud and clear, my feelings that I felt at the first time seeing her.

The stairs began to creek as Carrie began to come down the steps. The conversation quieted down as Carrie came into the dining room holding Caden and rocking him back and forth and singing quietly. Her eyes shown with love and compassion.

She looked up and her eyes scanned the room, everyone was hushed and watching her and the baby. She gave a smile to everyone and my sister was the first one to say anything.

“Carrie, come sit by me” she gave a warm smile, Carrie headed over to the seat sitting in between Sophie and I. I looked over at Sophie and she winked, I shook my head of course my sister was being the match maker again.

Conversations started around the table and before I could talk to Carrie, Sophie began to chat with her. I looked down at Caden in her arms he was asleep.